Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NXL Europe - Basildon

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
It's that time of year again! The Bas Vegas open.

Last year was south of Gatwick, with a lovely pub across the road, and nice real bathrooms, but a good hike to one of the most terrifying hotels ever (the hallways never seemed to end!).

Sadly for the first time in the last 4 years I won't be in attendance. Booooo.

We tried to get Team Ireland stood up in time to make it over, but in the end it was too short of notice (we tried to start it like 2 weeks ago lol). Which when you look where the bye is...team france, australia and USA, not so sad.

Will Impact take back to back wins?
Will Heat take another European win?
What about the Expendables?

This layout has a ton of bounce and blind shots, way more than any layout in the last year that I can think of. That tends to favor the US pro's who spend cases of paint learning those bounce shots.

Should be a good event though! Looking forward to watching the games on gosports.

STONESOLDIER

Planet Eclipse
Mar 4, 2007
Manchester, Stretford
I am glad its back in Basvegas, perfect venue, hotels, food, night life all around the corner.

I think impact will win if they bring there A squad they don't seem to bring all there top players to EU, anything less the US NXL is beneath them I guess.

Reactions: Spikerz

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I don't think so. Should be free.

The ground apparently has massive cracks in it, like swallow your leg whole and break it sorta cracks lol.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Reports from the field. Ground conditions are so bad that a group of WW1 reenactors have been spotted charging the trenches between the start box and snake 1.

Reactions: RST and Shepherd:03

hoot

Mad Sqad Rebels
Sep 17, 2011
Falkirk, Scotland
The ground was really bad. Hard as concrete, full of cracks. They had the refs fill the worst of the cracks with sand. Someone said there’d been three leg breaks.

Sliding was pretty rough as well.

Attached a picture from the car park. Fields weren’t much better in places.

E648E231-705B-4A3F-BE00-7D52FDA552D4.jpeg

The campsite was in better shape.

Reactions: Spikerz

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
oof...3 broken legs?! I did hear on the webcast that Nic Rippel of Commin At Ya broke his hand.
Not sure if it was at the field or doing something silly and German in the night clubs.

kvzonrise

Sep 1, 2017
The snake entrance on the right side i think was full of sand, because it looked weird from the webcast