Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NXL Mid-Atlantic Tractor pull

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I mean Open!

Man, if you haven't been following the FB posts from NXL on the state of their 'field' oof.

Short version NXL did an amazing deal to get a 'permanent' home for the mid atlantic open in Pennsylvania. Which is great! Except it looks like the UK event from 2018, where 5? 6? ankles were broken, 1 elbow, 1 arm (at least).

There's various things you can say on both sides of the "is this a good idea to play here?" arguments. I remember SC Village in CA, and even the field that Rich Telford had in Modesto CA. Both hard packed clay/dirt with rocks. It was level, but basically super hard packed dirt. You had to deal with it. Although we also had pads like hockey players and crazy thick playing trousers.

So while we're incredibly spoiled with CPPS. Being literally one of if not the best perm paintball field in the world. I'd seriously argue it's #1. If you spent 2500 on entry, 300 on flights, 300 on hotel, 250 for a car, 300 for paint, and 500 in food and beer. Would you pay that to play on those conditions?

Personally, yea I would. I'd have to adjust my game and how I played the field, but I'd do it. With Amsterdam? f all that. I would have stayed at the bar in the hotel, that was just a nightmare apocalypse, and I still did it, but seriously did not want to lol.

Who takes Pro?
Dynasty are hurt bad, Heat have a huge boost. Impact look super strong.

I think Heat makes a deep run, but Impact takes it.

ant290

BOOOOM!
May 15, 2007
Southampton
ant290.wixsite.com
Would like to see heat back up top.

Or... Maybe the russians to take this event. On a field that stops you from making the most of your fast, slidy, diving players.. then they could also play a slower game.

If this is the amazing deal it's been touted as... how come it wasn't announced with a plan ages ago?

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I mean it's super flat, that's cool, and all that grass is gone on sunday. Someone was saying it wasn't grass but some kind of winter wheat filler? I dunno not a farmer. It definitely looks mass planted in 'bulbs' and then expected to fill in. Normally in the states I've seen hydro seed. This green sludge stuff they spray. It's seed+nutrients+fertilizer. Supposed to make grass grow super fast.

Agreed with the multi year announcement. If they would have said at the start of the year, hey look we're making perm homes for us! Ok going to take some time for it to be awesome, but hey we're getting there. I think people would have gone into it, knowing it was a long term project and not some last minute thing because Tom (whos a really nice guy) tossed on the internet as a pre-mea culpa.

Reactions: ant290