Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NXL (National X-Ball League)

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I think by only having 3 events (since effectively the first window for an event has passed), it's setting them up for a good turn out. Also pretty happy to see World Cup is still on the docket, how lame would it be to not have a world cup in FL?!

I like the minimum 1 minute between resets...wish Mills would do that. There were plenty of times the pod guys would run out before us, I'd get half way to the gate and hear 20 seconds. If you aren't 100% ready to roll, you're screwed.
We had to learn to use our Time outs effectively.

It's a good direction that the NXL is going, and backed by a lot of industry people with a ton of combined industry knowledge and time in the game. I think it'll do well.

I'm betting they still use Matty for the commentary as well, everyone wants him to be the commentator so I don't see that changing.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Well...since it's hosted off xball.com I thought they'd be the same :)

I didn't see the Germans. I know Max was up there for a few games.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
The interesting thing about the NXL website is that it mentions only two partners - GI & Valken. Tells you something about who are the really big players.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Makes you wonder if this is what GI got the extra investor money for. Bringing Gino in...while we can all have opinions about the things Gino has done...Gino brings cash money, and the fact that he's got a lot of contacts in the industry also helps.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
@frobinson that's true actually that it doesn't eliminate the problem of people wanting to throw the towel and not being able to, but at least it only becomes an issue when they are 6 points down unlike the current race format which could mean they can't throw the towel even if it's only a 1 point spread but the opponent is only 1 point away from victory. Best of 2 evils I guess?
@Spikerz bearing in mind that the whole reason this concept works is that the time it takes to play out the other point should be enough to get ready and be standing waiting ready to play your next point. The 30 seconds is to allow players to walk from the netting to the start gate which is plenty of time, dragging that out only slows the day down so I'd support anything that will keep the overall operating cost down.

Reactions: frobinson

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Ahh it should be, but there were tons of points in Puget where the other team was nuked in 30 seconds, came off, and the next 30 seconds was already ticking down. We rarely got the 2 minutes that we should have gotten between points. If that were the case yea it would be plenty.

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
Most points will last at least a minute so you still get two minutes between points.
30 seconds after your point has finished until the other match starts, at least a minute of game play, another 30 seconds until your point starts.