Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NXL Off-Season Rumours, Transfers, Shens, etc......

Shepherd:03

London Legion
Apr 23, 2014
Bexleyheath
www.facebook.com
Yep Companies House website shows 6 individual and 2 companies as shareholders of Millennium Series Ltd. From what I've heard (thirdhand so not sure on reliability), the offered price was rather low to share between that many shareholders.

NXL appear to be going ahead with a European series regardless of whether they complete on buying out Mills, so potentially there could be three European Series running (Mills, NXL and CPS). NXL probably have the upper hand with lowballing their offer though - if the offer isn't accepted and Mills tries to carry on alone and compete with NXL, they could lose enough teams to make the finances unviable. Especially if GI and/or any other companies withhold their sponsorship, or outright ban their stable teams from playing at Mills. NXL presumably have enough backing to run at a loss for the opening few events or even year until Mills folds - the question is whether Mills could compete with that?

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
Isn't it refreshing to see the powers that be in paintball "unifying paintball" ie slugging it out ,seeing who goes bankrupt first .And people wonder why this "sport " has never gone mainstream !

Reactions: Richiemonk

Richiemonk

Jul 24, 2005
Norfolk
if there is a way to look for a positive, if that did happen with a fight between Mills and NXL, it could produce a high street supermarket style price war which could make next season cheaper (ish). however It could go the same way as the PSP/NXL fight and Mills would cancel the series after all the teams cross the river of dreams to the NXL if there is enough value to it.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Cast your minds back to the demise of the PSP

IIRC the owners of the franchise were made an offer they refused to accept, the NXL went ahead with their plans to run and having enticed the majority of the PSP's teams, core staff and sponsors to support them it left the PSP in no position to continue.

Paintball series own little in physical assets, most of the required equipment can be leased or provided by sponsors, so the only real value they have is in their goodwill. If the majority of teams, sponsors and staff decide that they no longer want to support the promoter, that value declines rapidly.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
As long as the site is up and I can find the rankings:

The Expendables out of New Zealand and Cologne Hurricanes go up to Pro, and Vision Marseille, Vienna United drop down to SPL. That's IF no other pro teams bail out.

Stephen

RIP Topcats
Apr 27, 2008
Hertfordshire
As long as the site is up and I can find the rankings:

The Expendables out of New Zealand and Cologne Hurricanes go up to Pro, and Vision Marseille, Vienna United drop down to SPL. That's IF no other pro teams bail out.
According to the ever-so reliable source of Facebook, it looks like Drammen Solid are calling it a day. Although this news came from their own Facebook page, so it's a pretty reliable source!

Does anyone know of any other teams, Professional or Divisional, that are dissolving or stepping down from the European circuit?

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Wow! They did pretty well last year. Well 16th, but still they didn't get relegated. Plus were a full DYE team. Wonder if something happened with that. Just read the post, looks pretty final and legit. Sad to see.

Means...Bad Boys Oss will move up? I'll have to ask Tor Martin. Unless they let Vienne United stay, and only make Vision go down. Or maybe it'll go to whoever pays for the spot first. Who knows.

With Thanksgiving this week, don't think we'll see any news on dates/venues for next year. Hopefully by the start of December.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
I've heard the Nxl is releasing their Euro dates this week, so the players and teams doing both circuits can get their 2018 schedule squared away.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I hope so, Dave Painter seems to think they're still discussing during the winter meeting and it won't be until late december early jan :(

"I believe their goal is to discuss this during their upcoming "Winter" meeting and possibly release the NXL European schedule sometime in December/Early January.

I'm waiting to see if I can maybe attend one or two but my field schedule for foXball is pretty busy and then couple that with the NXL events in the US and I just don't have many/any days left to travel. Hoping to make at least one.

Dave"

Reactions: Tony Harrison