Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NXL Off-Season Rumours, Transfers, Shens, etc......

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Most were pretty spot on. That chartres curveball though. That’s a weird one.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Most were pretty spot on. That chartres curveball though. That’s a weird one.
Chatres is a complete curve ball, the most southerly of the four venues, and it's in northern France!
Obviously this is the Northern X-ball League Europe
Average temperature in April 10C/49F
And cue the complaints about the 2-1/2 hr rail journey from CDG.

Edit, easy enough drive for the few UK teams left though ;)

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Quick bit of research suggests you need a licence from the Garda.

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/FAQ

So perhaps the ambiguity of the July event can be interpreted as follows:-

Hiring, say, the Olympic Park is expensive. So perhaps the NXL is trying to negotiate with the Garda to obtain some sort of blanket exemption from 500-odd people having to drop 40 euros each on a firearms certificate. Perhaps by way of a certificate each player can print out and present at customs. Though knowing customs - and players - that's a big ask.

If the negotiation fails, the event takes place in London.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
So I have no license. I fly in/out of Dublin 8-9 times a year. Never had an issue.

The local field Capital paintball hosts stag do's, company outings, and there are a couple University clubs that come out to play. They may know more about licenses for their rental guns...but...I dunno.
The law is a bit like the German F stamp and the joule limit.

The Chartres thing is messing with everyone's head. The only thing I can think of, is that it's a backup site. The Barcelona thing was deemed too much of an issue due to their enforced firearm laws?
70km drive from Orly airport, which is where I'd go to, going into CDG is a nightmare, because it means it's 100km away and on the opposite side of Paris, which has some of the worst traffic I've seen.

I guess you can train it from London to Paris, then Paris down. 5 hour trip though. roughly 150 euro round trip ticket, not horrid.