Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NXL

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
On phone so reply won't be crazy detailed.

In chantilly and had a long chat with Rab and Tom Cole.

I have a good feeling that they only want the best for paintball and are willing to be flexible with the formats to make sure they retain players and attract new ones.

They were surprised to learn a few things I mentioned but easily adapted.

Strong chance of hopper and 4 pods next year. That's the prevailing thought right now. Also limited and unlimited divs and they'll see where the demand is and adjust as needed which is cool.

I am cautiously optimistic.

Ok Sunday club tomorrow and need sleep.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Highlights from Tom Cole's meeting at Chantilly:
So keeping the U19/Men's/Women's/Vets
Only pro's will be locked div (great news)
UK location is the olympic park in London
4 weeks between US and Europe legs of the events.
First event in April

Still no final word on entrance costs, or paint. See above for a paint idea that was being tossed around a lot.

Reactions: Shepherd:03

Shepherd:03

London Legion
Apr 23, 2014
Bexleyheath
www.facebook.com
An event at the Olympic Park could be pretty incredible, with the potential for a lot of visibility to passers-by. I was a little dubious of what exactly the NXL could do to improve on the Millennium format, but that sort of profile and location to an event could go part of the way to justifying the current or possibly an increased entry price.

Teams may have to look a little further afield for affordable hotels, and would need to look after kit between games, but it would be an actual "London" event, rather than Essex/Gatwick.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Just a quick peak around the Olympic Park shows Holiday Inn's around 800-1200 Euros for 4 nights. Which is super expensive compared to the other locations.
Dragging gear through the Tube sounds like a nightmare. Taxi could work.
Food options are much better around there and the ability to get around town is a lot easier, but the costs I think may be pretty steep unless you stay pretty far away.

Shepherd:03

London Legion
Apr 23, 2014
Bexleyheath
www.facebook.com
Just a quick peak around the Olympic Park shows Holiday Inn's around 800-1200 Euros for 4 nights. Which is super expensive compared to the other locations.
Dragging gear through the Tube sounds like a nightmare. Taxi could work.
Food options are much better around there and the ability to get around town is a lot easier, but the costs I think may be pretty steep unless you stay pretty far away.
Camping is usually the alternative to hotels, but not really sure that would be an option in Stratford! How about asking Bricket Wood if they would host a campsite? Hotels in South East London are less extortionate and not a million miles away, so that could be an option.

The tube (and DLR at that end of town) on Saturday and Sunday will be fine, Friday morning and evening rush hour would be absolute hell with a kitbag though! I used to get the tube daily but use buses more often now - the bus network is very regular, and it's quicker over shorter distances as you don't have to spend time getting down to the platforms and changing lines.

Reactions: Spikerz