Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NXLE - Amsterdam

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I left early this morning after moving my flight up 12 hours. Sent this pict back to the team and got SO much rage hate back lol.

Sunny Ireland!

Attachments

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Real fast recap. We had a team get 2nd in Div 2 , 2nd in 3man, and a couple players won 10 man.
We lost a couple close, close games against teams that normally play in the top DPL league.

Plus the conditions were so miserable it was demoralizing. Overall 14th for the season. Which considering we never had the same team members from event to event and were swapping 3-4 people on an 8 man roster...not too shabby I don't think.

Congrats to Firm smashing some very good teams, and seeing Flexi back with them was cool. Tigers making a return to Semi pro. All of the nations squads that came out, played and then did the nations games?! Amazing.

Next years location wish list from me
Portugal for a first event (Spain is horrid for laws, Portugal loves paintball, cheaper, weathers the same)
Italy maybe?
Sweden (Magued can bring back that Swedish masters! for the summer event, so much daylight!)
Southern Europe where it's dry. Greece? South of France?

Thank you to all, especially the refs who had to be the most miserable of all of us.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Sweden is a good shout. Amsterdam would be a great event if they moved it up to May or July. Portugal would be a great idea, but it's years since a major event was held there.

And wasn't the Portuguese guy that got banned & fined by the MS that time a big cheese in paintball over in Portugal? Pedro Campos, or something?

I still think Blackpool would be a great location - tons of cheap hotels, lots of stuff to do after you've played....but I don't think the NXL will be coming back to the UK.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
If the weather had been nice, that Dam event would have been exceptional, and everyone would agree that it was a genius move to hold it there at this time of year.
Same goes for Texas; 80% of the time that event would be glorious, and those are pretty good odds. You wouldn't get those odds on good weather in the UK at any point during the year.
Over a period of years, and bearing in mind the unpredictability of the weather globally, the rained-out mud-fests are bound to happen. If 80% is the bar, you can expect one per year in each series. Its unfortunate, but not anyones fault.
Better to celebrate when you miss one dreadful event in a season than moan about the time it happened.
Glass half full, see?

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
From a marketing point of view, it was a lost opportunity. Tons of upside, but the weather just crushed it.

If it was held 2 weeks earlier? Tons of sun and 0 rain across northern europe. That close to October though and it's super risky.

I think NXLE should go back to amsterdam, maybe late spring or early sept. It gets too volatile before mid-late april and after mid-late sept.

Prague was super hot in July. Not sure how bad Amsterdam was, looks like July 2019 was 20-22C so 68-74F, which is perfect. Prague was high 80's low 90's. 35+C.

Now that's just from a pure weather perspective, who knows the back end costs of venue rental during those months etc, that's a wholllle other kettle of painful fishy.

Reactions: ant290