Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NXT shocker or E-tek?

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
Maintenance on shockers is not difficult. It is the same with all markers (shockers, egos, timmys etc etc) you just need to learn your way round the gun and lube the right parts and recognise when parts need to be replaced.

They are both great guns and I use both very regularly and have never really had any trouble with either having put tens of thousands of balls through the shocker (as it is much newer) and hundreds of thousands through my egos(had since start of season).

Try and have a go with both and see which you prefer, there are bound to be some egos at a site near you and probably some shockers (might not be NXT version but they are similar). Shoot some paint through both and see which you prefer! You will be happy which ever you choose

Flint

Sep 18, 2006
Oxford
No no no, shockers arent hard to maintain! They do however require some TLC! After every day paintballing take it apart, check the o-rings and make sure its all clean and lubbed! Its really simple but obviously with a high end marker you need to look after it!

Pro teams have been using shockers before the EGO was even concieved, so i would go with a gun that has consistantly worked and won teams tournements, havin said that, the etek looks really nice
How can you say that when the honors list for the EGO is like it is!!!:eek:
Look at the teams that use the EGO, look at the teams that want to use the EGO!!! Look at the backlog on the 07 and ETEK!
I think that answer is very clueless. I say this so many times, TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!!! You already got some tech stuff wrong so dont embarass yourself anymore!!!:D :p
You are welcome to come and try my NEXUS 06 or my spanking 07 anytime. There are also loads of ETEKs around and people swear by them on here. I have built ETEKs at PLANET and if I didnt have my 06 when they came out I would definately had one.
Not saying shockers are horrible markers or hard to maintain, but where do you send them or get parts from if you get a problem???
EGOs and ETEKs are built in THIS country and the back up you will get from PLANET is also outstanding.
Nige

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
How can you say that when the honors list for the EGO is like it is!!!:eek:
Look at the teams that use the EGO, look at the teams that want to use the EGO!!! Look at the backlog on the 07 and ETEK!
I think that answer is very clueless. I say this so many times, TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!!! You already got some tech stuff wrong so dont embarass yourself anymore!!!:D :p
You are welcome to come and try my NEXUS 06 or my spanking 07 anytime. There are also loads of ETEKs around and people swear by them on here. I have built ETEKs at PLANET and if I didnt have my 06 when they came out I would definately had one.
Not saying shockers are horrible markers or hard to maintain, but where do you send them or get parts from if you get a problem???
EGOs and ETEKs are built in THIS country and the back up you will get from PLANET is also outstanding.
Nige
Nige is secretly a Shocker guy, cant you tell? ;) :D

-Will

Flint

Sep 18, 2006
Oxford
Nige
He has a good point there, thats got to be very useful!

I'm using a NXT at the moment and I can tell you its very nice, never used any sort of Ego or Etek or whatever though everyone who has says theyre great. A team mate "Sicoanimal" has an Ego 06 and he loves it! Difficult decision!!

shiftizzle

"bonus balls are us"
Sep 18, 2006
hemel hempsteead oooo love it
:Quote:Not saying shockers are horrible markers or hard to maintain, but where do you send them or get parts from if you get a problem???:Quote:

Off to SP in kent there good chaps down there!! but agreeing with spreads try before you buy i will be gettin a NXT as the Etek was not right for me but im me soo maybe thats a stupid comparison! good luck choosing