Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Off feild fitness/circut training

Hoodless ECI

eee-see-eye
Jun 15, 2006
Homeless.
www.eastcoastirritant.com
During the week, every two day's I'm gradient running, as i found this a lot more beneficial than traditional running, however i do occasionally gander off on a run for a change of scenery :) Everyone's got a pair of trainers, get out there and start running, apart from being ultra-rewarding, it's surprisingly enjoyable :p I started off on about 3miles *1.5 of that on a steep-ish gradient*. I was really gentle increasing my run length, don't push things too hard to start with.

When comfortable with a distance, and have your technique down, try and incorporate so pace changes into your run *cant ever remember the proper name*. ie. Sprint for 15 paces, then with minimal rest (being at your normal running pace) do another 15. I found this a lot easier to do on a "return", so you don't worry about conserving energy in order to complete your run. Doing these on a gradient is incredible, it doesn't take long for the positive effects to become visible.

Days when I'm not running, i incorporate excersises into my daily schedule, throughout the day i aim to do around 100ish press-ups, followed by 150ish reps on some 5K's to increase stamina *ie. when holding a gat throughout a game*. I'll also do a brief period of core-excersises, to continue the core-training i do with my team.

I've also started doing squats, only around 50 at the moment, but I'll hold a marker up, and switch hands every 5 reps, to try and mimic/encourage movement around a bunker, especially when snapping.

I don't work-out to bulk muscle, been there. not really my thang. There's loads of guys on here that are into it, and good at it too! might be worth adapting your work-out regime to both styles of excersise.

I was also a super lazy person, until not too long ago. Now i've started training a lot harder, my focus whilst working has dramatically increased *increased oxygen levels in blood-stream* and i generally feel a lot happier. :D

I hope i havn't babbled on too much. Enjoy your training :)

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Hey,

Im trying to get my team out for some fitness training to see how they are all coping and generally to make them sweat BUT i dont know what exercises to make them.....i mean encourage them......to do.

any one got any tips for paintball realated exercise which (strangly enough) dosent involve shooting each other?

thanks
chris
If your having trouble getting the team to get motivated for fitness training, why not organise a regular game of 5 a side footy for them? I play twice a week and this sets me up nicely for paintballing.

Rich ECI

London ECI.
Nov 10, 2006
If your having trouble getting the team to get motivated for fitness training, why not organise a regular game of 5 a side footy for them? I play twice a week and this sets me up nicely for paintballing.
Things like that are alright for general fitness but you want to focus on skills needed on the feild also, like being snappy off the start gate, and quick from bunker to bunker - Shuttle runs are good.

pringle

Jul 3, 2007
Well you could modify the rules of football to practise aspects of paintball. example you gave about running from start gate turned into football:D Have everyone stand on there goal line and have the ball in the middle, as soon as the game starts everyone has too make a dash for the ball and play:p but yeh you are right there is only so much you can do without being paintball specific

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
cheers for reposting mate.

this is basic starter programme i found designed for those who haven't any equipment or much time to spare, but it will help with strength, stamina, and speed.

Stretch all major muscle groups after working out and drink some fluid (not beer). Stretching will aid with flexibility and injury prevention.

Cardio
You should be doing some cardio work at least 2 times a week for good health anyway, but get an exercise bike stick in front of the TV and peddle for half an hour min. if not try walking or a jog etc as long as it's a prolonged period of half an hour at a pace for you.

Leg work
Static lunges:
Imagine you are stood in the centre of a clock face looking at 12 o clock with feet together. lung out with your right leg towards 2 o clock until both knees are at 90 degrees your left foot should stay rooted to the centre of the clock., do this motion in a controlled manner not waving all over the place. Push off with your toes and back to standing then lung towards 10 o’clock with your left leg. Back to standing, right leg out towards 1 o’clock, back to standing, and left leg towards 11 oclock.4 lunges is one set
Do this as many times as you can (push yourself the extra set?)
(Target after 4 weeks should be over 10 sets)
Don’t let the lunging legs knee go further than the foot.
This exercise will strengthen all the balancing muscles that are used when crouching and popping out of cover quickly.

Upper body
Good old press-ups:
Start with hands shoulder width apart. Slowly go down counting to 4 which should be as your nose touches floor, then up counting to 4 should be back in starting position as you say 4 in your head. Your body should be straight throughout motion no v shape bodies (if you can’t do this start with your knees on the ground and press your upper body.
Sound easy but most of us don't do proper press-ups, and cheat on the technique.
This will help with endurance for holding your gat and staying in awkward positions for prolonged spells.
(Target after 4 weeks should be between 40 and 60 press-ups).

Arms/shoulders
Start with any light weights (light dumbbell, tinned fruit etc) in each hand arms by your sides. slowly to count of 4 curl your arms so weight is touching shoulder, then to count of 4 uncurl to starting position, lift your arms without bending elbows straight out in front of you till weight is level with eyes (to the count of 4). Then from level and in front of your eyes move your arms away from each other until you are in a crucifix position counting to 4 again. Then to the count of 4 lower your arms keeping the elbow locked, back to your side in the starting position. Now pull the weights directly up your torso pushing your elbow backwards and in to a v shape to the count of 4, then to the count of 4 lower again. That’s one rep (32 seconds per rep).
This will help steady your arms for better accuracy.
(Target after 4 weeks should be 20 reps)

Stomach
Lie on your back and slide your feet along the floor towards your butt until you can no longer feel any arch in your lower back. (Staring position)
Suck your belly button in and towards your spine at the same time using your back muscles push your back into the floor. Concentrate on keeping your belly button sucked in and you’re back pressed hard against the floor. Hold for a minute and relax then start again (don't forget to breath).
This will give you DYNAMITE core stability, helping you snap shoot quickly, dive quicker, profile smaller, and feel taller.
(Target after 4 weeks should be 4 sets of 2 minutes).

Sprint between bunkers /bleep test
Best way to do this is to set up 2 markers 7-10 metres apart.
Forwards: sprint as many times between the 2 markers in 90 second as you can sprinting forwards. Rest for 90 seconds.
Backwards: sprint between the 2 markers as many times as you can in 120 seconds going backwards. Rest for 120 seconds
Sideways: go as fast as you can between the 2 markers moving in a crab like style for 3 minutes. Rest for 3 minutes.
That’s one rep, repeat.
this is a killer by rep 3, not for your super sized back man, if you practice this not only will you be super fast to any bunker on the field you will be able to change pace and direction to dodge any sweet spotter at will.
(Target after 4 weeks should be 3 reps but I’m usually dead by 3. this ones good for footy as well).

jack.
cheers for reposting this mate been ages since this has been looked at.
www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=80919

woody

rusty56

cover your eyes and run
Feb 21, 2007
UK , Nottingham
lol this isnt what it look like ...
i copied n pasted ur thread ages ago and been using it to get my self fit saw this thread n just posted it up but couldnt remember where i got it from
=P

my bad sorry m8

pringle

Jul 3, 2007
lol this isnt what it look like ...
i copied n pasted ur thread ages ago and been using it to get my self fit saw this thread n just posted it up but couldnt where i got it from
=P

my bad sorry m8
yeh i sure jack telling the truth! no one that sounds like jamie oliver can do any wrong!:D

rusty56

cover your eyes and run
Feb 21, 2007
UK , Nottingham
lol ben ur a g!mp n its a mix i sound like jamie but look like the guy off take that, apparently ...

pfffttt i can cook n sing u just look ugly =P

pringle

Jul 3, 2007
lol ben ur a g!mp n its a mix i sound like jamie but look like the guy off take that, apparently ...

pfffttt i can cook n sing u just look ugly =P
This is blaintant getting up your post count!:p and the only bit that is true is that you do sound like jamie oliver and look like the guy of take that! Do you feel I am a threat jack ?:rolleyes: