Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Off-hand shooting/snapshooting?

ericostani

Mar 9, 2003
surrey
Visit site
septic

you were fine at training i thought, you gogged someone snap shooting didnt you?
i think its just the fact you havent played for ages, and need to get into the swing again.
as for personal style, i think you need to make up your own style to go with the retro cut off trousers.
maybe its the fact that you are used to playing with a door stop!??
see you in about a wek or two mate, working or training.

not inbred, heterosexual Eric.

thanks for the help

hey all-
Cheers for the advice. I practised today in the yard (I know I'm a weirdo) and found something weird:
1) My barrel sucks with this paint (Diablo blaze/inferno, not good) I need a pipe barrel, or a freak.
2) More importantly, I've found it's easier to snap and hold my gun steady if I put my grip arm (the one firing) on the inside of my tank. This may push my tank out a little, but it tucks in my elbow REALLY tight, and keeps the gun a little steadier than if I put my arm on the outside. The downside is, switching hands is a little more awkward...but still, I feel like if I learn this, it'll be better.

So yeah, thanks for the help, hopefully I'll get this all sorted. Best of luck, see you all at the fifty.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay,
Mike (sort of happy again)
P.S. Eric, hush. My style owns. Cut off trouser/shorts are where it's at.

Xposed

My only advice (which may sound like a broken record) is to practice as much and as often as you can. Its a skill that takes time and patience to master.

In terms of switching hands..I really recommend getting efficient with shooting with either hand (if not, at least comfortable). The technique described above about shooting from your off-side with your regular grip works in some fashions..but may not be as effective in others. To me I"m much faster and switching hands in a stand up. On laydown, I'll switch hands a lot but will sometimes use the other technique above.

Besides...what about doing a run through or multiple bunker move when someone is on your right then on your left. Switching hands is vital in this case (plus its a damn good drill to run).

Skeet

Platinum Member
You could get a Warp Feed....
This has two major plus points..well three actually.
1- It moves your hopper from the top of your gun, to the side..which means your profile is much lower and you wont get shot out because your hopper was sticking out above the barricade...rookie style.

2-It means you can shoot out of the left or right side of a bunker by simply tilting the gun, fo the off-side shots. This is because the Warp will feed paint against gravity. ie.uphill. you can even shoot upside down to some extent.

3-The Warp can force feed paint into your gun at over 20 bps, so you will not outshoot your hopper.

There are some downsides..you cant phisically shoot off handed anymore as the warp and hopper will be in the way.
It does add weight to the gun.
Some say it makes a marker unbalanced, but it depends on the marker really.

If you post your e-mail i will send you a pic of an Automag RT with a Warpfeed setup.
Its made by Airgun Designs (who make Mags, X-mags etc)

Hope this helps, just another view.
Gaz

Graham-DV8

Girlz,Booze & Balling....
Nov 12, 2002
North East, UK
groups.msn.com
Do what DV8 and I did for a two day training weekend...

On the 2nd day on the moring, we started to do everyone with our "off" hands,which for me was my left. From this I mean I was playing game where I could ONLY use my left hand, and to start with I coulnd't hit anything (everyone else was like that aswell thought). Anyways after a few games (and hitting a few ppl out ;), but also getting shot to hell because I kept missing ppl when they moved, I started to get better.

On the afternoon, we started shooting target (pots really) on one of our local site feilds where you could only fire 2/3 shoots (snap shooting) at each one before you had to change which "pot" you went for, this was all times and to begin with all the times were well over a minute for 6 targets ;). But from the 2nd run and after we were getting times in the low 30's and one lad even got 22seconds :eek:.

Anyways as other ppl have said practice practice and yes......practice, and a month one from the training day, I'm now using my "off hand" in tournys without even thinknig about it and I'm getting better and better the more I practice.

Thought this would be a nice clean conclusion to all this...

And I have now joined the ranks of the ambidextrous players. Not perfect yet, but when we did our snapshooting drills today at training (one on ones, no leaving your barricades), the two times I was up, I shot both people out...with my RIGHT HAND! That's my weak side, for those of you who don't know. So I was happy- esp. about the goggle shot on Cameron. Hoo ha.
So yeah, now that that's settles, I need to work on other parts of my game. Maybe learning mugging better is next. God knows, I lub doing it.
-Mike
P.S. For those of you who work at campaign, or know him, I just want to point out that I counter-mugged grimmer. The man mugs like a punter. Hoo ha.

Jamie Abbot is a god.

And jeff is pretty fekking good as well. Yeah, Colin was talking to us about it and he was going on about how he [Jamie] has got to be one of the best snapshots in the world, and I'm inclined to agree...I heard about his game with Nexus v. Dynasty...damn. I want to learn that shiznit.
-Mike

ericostani

Mar 9, 2003
surrey
Visit site
i learn all i need to know off grimmer, man that guys muggins kick ass. Hey who am i kidding, i wanna learn off jamie abbott, buy him a pint, suck up, and attempt to be his friend. you reckon he will play for spod? i mean with the mr. freeze ice pop sponsorship.;)