Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Official Loctite Use Thread

Fly

Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2002
I see what your saying mate but all the systems I buy come threadlocked, and most companys now wont sell regs on there own because of this, I've seen (abit to close) a bottle come off a preset where the guy unsrcewed it from his bottom line and did'nt realise the reg was'nt moving! If anyone was in the way that would have been there lot.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Originally posted by ruthlessp8ntballer
If you need to put thread-lock on there...take it to an airsmith/maufacturer....cause the last thing you want is having shrapnel being dug out of you at the hospital if that bottle ruptures... :eek: ;)
More likely to be having bits of HIM, dug out of teh shrapnel...at the local Mortuary!

Dude...when are you gonna be back on MSN man? Did you get that info about teh guns etc that I sent you?

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Why is loctite on reg threads bad?

Like mentioned previously a lot of manufacturers (I think all now) won't sell regs and bottles seperate and they are now loctited together. I believe for legal reasons in case someone unscrews the two while they are pressurised.

Loctite isn't flamable so I can't see how this being used to connect bottle and reg together could be any more dangerous than using it on HPA fittings etc?

Fly

Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2002
Like mentioned previously a lot of manufacturers (I think all now) won't sell regs and bottles seperate and they are now loctited together.

Every air system I buy is Loctited as I stated earlier, I can't buy reg's on there own anymore and I'm not allowed to fit a reg and bottle together for a customer anymore.

I could be wrong it may not be loctite it could be something else? but it's not just an O-ring holding them súckers on;)

Originally posted by Parksy
Why is loctite on reg threads bad?
Because if you dont do it properly you could plug up the blow hole on the threads of your air reg.

So when you unscrew it, you could be unscrewing the bottle off the reg and you wont know until it goes flying backwards at 100mph.

Some manufacturers have a 2 stage thread on their regs, so if you unscrew past the first thread the bottle jumps back to the second set, hopefully warning the user that there is a problem.

Regardless of this the crux of the issue is with insurance (isnt it always?), the only people insured to locktite bottles onto regs are the manufacturers.

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
To Loctite or not to Loctite???

Let's see what good old BS EN 1802 (2002) has to say about it...

"12.2 The valve shall be fitted to the cylinder using a sealing material".

So now we know ;)