The Home Of European Paintball

Official Loctite Use Thread

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Originally posted by John C
Because if you dont do it properly you could plug up the blow hole on the threads of your air reg.
Those blow holes are such a great idea, where they always used because i'm sure i can remember having an alloy bottle that didn't have one. Or maybe i just hadn't noticed it. For those who don't know what they are, they are a hole drilled through the threaded section of the reg that screws into the bottle. If you manage to unscrew the reg while the bottle is presurised, once it is half undone the hole is exposed and harmlessly vents the gas, and alerts you to your error.

And on the subject of manufacturers loctiting the regs onto bottles: Sometimes they do it so strongly that H-pack can't even get it off to re-test your bottles, which is v. annoying as you effectively lose the bottle and reg! :mad:

aran

Enter the Dragon
Aug 15, 2005
London
Visit site
Threadlock

Hi guys,

Just having a little problem with my ion so i thought you guys will be the right people:). Well basiacly the small bolt above the trigger (aftermarket trigger) moves every time i press it. It moves clocwise meaning it becomes "sloppier" then when i thighten it up again so the trigger is nice and "snappy" so i start to click it and it will become loose and sloppy. Now i was thinking i could get the screw and put a bit of threadlock on it and turn it to my desired turning. I just need someone to re-asure me if this is the correct thing to do, or a very silly thing to do?

Thanks in advance
Aran

Nickyboy

Jan 6, 2005
Sunny Bournemouth
I'm guessing it's a roller trigger. Can you not just turn the screw tight enough so it doesn't come back out.

If you can't, then put a small amount on the base of the screw so that you don't put too much on and get it near the bearing when you screw it in. That will fix it moving and the looseness.

That said though if you can't tighten it enough, then you probably aren't going to be able to screw it out once you've loctite'ed it in place, so it might be a problem it you want to remove it.

I had a screw like that stuck on one marker and Tom Allen got it out in no time. A replacement screw was needed though.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Nicky, most triggers are held in place by a pin, not a screw.

Aran, I assume you are talking about one of the lugs that limits travel. Yes, go ahead, put some loctite on it, just don't drown it.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Originally posted by Gups
To Loctite or not to Loctite???

Let's see what good old BS EN 1802 (2002) has to say about it...

"12.2 The valve shall be fitted to the cylinder using a sealing material".
so an o-ring will do then?! ;)

god bless the HSE :)

Nickyboy

Jan 6, 2005
Sunny Bournemouth
Originally posted by Gyroscope
Nicky, most triggers are held in place by a pin, not a screw.
Some of the rollers have a screw that keeps the pin in place. I was presuming dude.

Feel free to delete this post to keep this thread cleanish.

Cypha

Part-Time Cannon Fodder
Dec 24, 2005
In a house
AHHH!

What loctite should i use to put back in my refill valve, mini gauge and blow valves into my air bottle?

I thought i was being smart the other day by removing them to respray my bottle, but i am now wondering what would be the 'Safest' thread lock to just to reattach these items? :confused:

I have loctite 243, but i dont know if this will be strong enough.

P.S. I have NOT removed any thing else from the bottle....phew! :D