Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Official Loctite Use Thread

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
it will work buddy, its just that PTFE breaks down into small bits and can get into the airways of the marker and potentially lead to dead solenoid's ..a lot of people use it but I wouldnt recommend it for anything if you dont have to :) loctite
I can appreciate the reasoning for not using ptfe tape, but it has been used in air systems for donkeys years, which suprisingly include our amazing solenoids.

Yes that's where the solenoids come from.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
just a bit of enlightenment. The solenoids we use are not a product of the paintball industry, as they've been used in air control systems way before pvi used them in the original shocker.
Saying that, the size of the current solenoids, has a lot to do with the paintball industry.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
I use both loctite and ptfe, i prefer to use loctite but if an instant seal is needed then i'll go with ptfe.

The trick with ptfe tape, is how to apply it.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
consider me enlightened ;) i assumed sol's werent invented for the paintball industry but have no idea what they were invented for

Edit ...Ah i see when you said air sytems in the first post I thought you meant paintball air systems

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
A vast amount of machinery are controlled by air, have a look on the discovery channel for a program called "how it's made" you'll see most machinery has little air rams and macroline.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
i watch that religiously I always though that they would be motor (cog) controlled due to the precision of distance needed for assembly but i see what you mean ..

actually ive just though about that and i suppose the same principal applies as a rammer in a marker yeh ? air in, rammer moves to its stopping point ,arm worky

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
the rammer is just an air solenoid.

the ram in every angel is a custom one, designed to move a certain amount and to fit in a specific space