Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Official Loctite Use Thread

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Hello all, I'm gravedigging intentionally here. I have a ninja reg that I want to put on my existing bottle, and I keep hearing that loctite is a big no no when installing regs, yet when checking luxfer's and subsequently ninja's sites to find what torque to tighten it to, I found this
# NINJA PAINTBALL will reinstall the regulator or new NINJA REG using a red thread locker. ALL REG SWAP REGULATORS (old regulator) REMAIN THE PROPERTY OF NINJA PAINTBALL and are not returned.
# NOTE: THE THREAD LOCKER IS NOT A PERMANENT SEALANT AND IS USED PRIMARILY TO HELP REDUCE THE REMOVAL OF THE REGULATOR FROM THE BOTTLE WITHOUT THE USE OF TOOLS. THIS IS FOR YOUR SAFETY AND WE RECOMMEND THE USE OF A THREAD LOCKER.
Can anyone shed some light on what the real deal is?

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
Hello all, I'm gravedigging intentionally here. I have a ninja reg that I want to put on my existing bottle, and I keep hearing that loctite is a big no no when installing regs, yet when checking luxfer's and subsequently ninja's sites to find what torque to tighten it to, I found this

Can anyone shed some light on what the real deal is?
Alot of manufacturers loctite their bottles to prevent user (and thus genrally incorrect/incompetent) maintenance and/or reg removal.

A big issue with loctited regs tho is that
first off it does what it's meant to and means most users cannot remove the regs

But the more importantly those that try will often damage the cylinders threads, and either way should have their threads inspected by a qualified persons from the manufacturer (negating the point of doing it anyway)

Add to that the risk of applying the loctite incorrectly which could lead to loctite being blasted through the airways of your marker and airsystem, generally do not loctite your threads and ensure your reg is torqued on to the relevant torque (should be displayed on the cyclinder and/or the reg manual).

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Yeah, just spoke to a dude at HPAC who said no loctite. He seemed to think it'd be fine to just unscrew the old one with as much force as was needed and stick the new one in, despite my asking whether this would damage the threads. Don't have a vice to hold the old reg nor a strap to hold the bottle with though so I guess I'll just send it off anyway :rolleyes:

john cook

cookie2guns
Sep 1, 2012
can I use Loctite 55 on air lines its like ptfe but with a a bit of joint compound on the string