Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Offseason rumors and random bits

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
So the NXL Europe has come to an end. It seems overall the folks who attended had a good time.

I think we've seen the last UK Leg for awhile, and no German event again on the cards.

Heard Rome/Spain, Prague, Amsterdam, Paris as the locations for next year, with dates and venues being released around World Cup time, to make it extra early. Which would be really cool actually.

Also heard a cheeky rumor that the NXL inquired if the Mills folks wanted to buy back the series heh.

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
Considering all the complaints there where about the quality of the venue and the pitch itself im not suprised there will be no Uk event for a while. Should have ran it at CPPS instead of the middle of nowhere on a bomb site :(

Reactions: mikey1975

Richiemonk

Jul 24, 2005
Norfolk
watching Greenspan and Margotts Instagram clips, they dont seem too unhappy about not having to visit europe any time soon.
Not sure if expendables ran out of funds or just couldn't be bothered. but they went from Air bnb's with fresh lobster and banquet meals, in houses that were near enough mansions. To eating at Mcdonalds and staying in a room that made the old style travelodge rooms look nice. There also didnt seem to be any fire in their play.
That said, apart from the usual suspects who get their wage from GI (no team name needed) There just didnt seem to be any love from the yanks for the event, or indeed series.
Look at 5 star, with 4 Damage players, they looked dreadful..... I just think NXL And/or Mills is kinda getting to the stage of flogging a dead horse.
Also, unless NXL are willing to look at their entry fees for next season. i think it will be a repeat, if not worse of the numbers they got for this year....

Reactions: Spikerz

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I think the biggy I noticed was that Emelya Red Storm missed 2 events. That's the squad that had Archie/Thomas Taylor/Skinny K as coach. Archie was in Chantilly playing with cryptonomics in Semi Pro.
So for 2 events, pro only had 17 teams.

Marco, the captain of hurricanes mentioned the sale thing, no idea how reliable he is :)

If the venues/dates are indeed released in the November time frame, I think a lot more German teams will sign up. Most of them have to submit an entire year worth of holidays at the start of the year, so with the venues/dates being released so late this year, a good chunk couldn't make it.

There were 2 UK teams this year that went to 3+ events.
Last year there were 9.
Year before there were 8.

So that's a pretty massive drop. Money, people/teams retiring, lack of timely communications, all had a huge impact to that. Next year...I think it stays more closely aligned to this year and not the years previously. :(

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
NXL Europe 2019 locations:

Barcelona, Chartres, Prague and Amsterdam.

Oof.
Spain was a nightmare to deal with all the firearms bollocks.
Feedback on Chartres was that is was meh, Long drives from airports out there.
Amsterdam should be interesting and Prague was a bit of a pain with travel. Expensive and a lot of teams had their gear stolen in hotel parking lots.

Not sure about pulling the NXL trigger or not.

MrAlex

Oct 24, 2016
Keith Brown is a great snake player, will be good at damage making them much stronger!