The Home Of European Paintball

Oh what tangled webs we weave ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kedan

Baby Baller
Sep 16, 2010
Leeds, UK
So one time Tim, publicly, here now, i request you apologise for your libel against myself and admit you got it wrong.
How can he? He's banned form this forum isn't he?

Also as far as I can tell he hasn't "publicly promoted" or "republished" anything. He forwarded a document that was sent to him, containing the accusations, on to Robbo in a private email. Robbo then posted that email in the thread.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I'm a liar?
My credibility smashed to simthereens ....?

Oh my, I'm reeling from such revelations; I'm not really sure how anyone can call me liar based upon what I have posted.
I told Reb, I delete posts where I think I'm just gonna read lies upon lies, posts like these aggravate me.
I coulda said quite easy, I had deleted barnett's elongated post and it was an easy way out seeing as I had already stated I delete these type posts without reading them ... I didn't do that, it was still in my inbox and as I had previously stated in an email to barnett, NOT to communicate with me again, that means NEVER .. when he did, I either deleted some or I just didn't bother reading his cr@p.

I have not lied at all .. I swear on my kids I did nothing of the sort, I never ever said I've never received a particular post, I did however say, this is the first time I have heard about this councillor guy, and that was the 100% truth of the matter; I might have still had the email in my inbox but consistent with my previous statement, I do not read all posts sent to me by liars like barnett and sables ... it's quite an easy line of thought to appreciate.
When I received that email in question, I saw how long the frikkin thing was and just passed over it, I got better things to do than read more of barnett's lies, I really have.
As for why barnett is making a massive thing out of this email?
Have a wild guess ....it diverts attention away from the central point of this thread.
The question still remains, who was told what and when and why weren't the records posted up on receipt of the first enquiry ...
It's remarkably simple ....
And I will repeat the following statement I made previously, I swear on my kid's life, I had not read that email relating to the councillor guy and I still haven't.
I was 100% true in saying, this is the first time I have read about this councillor guy.
And just so's you got another way of looking at what I just said, if I had read about it, why the hell did I not attack barnett mentioning he has sent info to this councillor?
I would have found it a ludicrous proposition to have stated that he sent all records to him and I would have asked why has he just mentioned it [on the 12th] and didn't say anything beforehand.
I didn't question it because quite simply, I hadn't read the damn thing ...
Every point revealed on the boards suffered the same fate when something was said by one one of barnett's little girl guides but you can read through all my posts after the 12th and see no mention of any councillor until I state, 'this is the first time I have heard about him'.
I posted the thing up in answer to Reb's question re the emails I received on the 12th ....
As to why I still haven't read it?
I get tired, sick and tired of reading lies and BS especially when I don't like people.
I am not the one holding thousands of pounds of player's money, I asked a question as to what was going on and I stand by my right to ask it ... this then blew up because ????

Have a little think about it ... if he had posted the account and fund info, the thread dies there and then ..... simple !
Now, if people still wish to assume I have lied even though I have sworn an oath to my kids, then there is no hope for any coherent outcome because to accuse me of using my children to get out of a spot is about as nasty as cesspit's comment of wishing I died of cancer .... but there will be some ingrates who might suggest I'm the sort of man who would do such a low thing but the guys who believe that are sick in the head.
I don't like barnett, I don't like sables ... and never will ... all this has nothing to do with rec v tourney [even though some people would love to paint it as such] because it immediately polarises players, and barnett's mob thus recruits a bunch of guys based upon that false premise. ..
In conclusion here, a lot of you might well think I could have possibly lied here but I will say this much, whoever has any doubts as to the veracity of my posts and then swearing on my kids, I challenge these people to ask anyone in our industry [except of course abbott, sables and barnett] if I would ever do such a thing ... all you gotta do is pick up the phone to any one in our industry at the top levels and ask for their opinion on the matter .. would i lie on here and then back up that lie by swearing on my kids????barnett is desperate to claw some ground back, that’s all.

I'm now gonna call Ledz and if he has enough time, we'll sort something out ... but I gotta say, this has left a bitter taste in my mouth because of some of the things that have been said .....

Last edited:
Reactions: Dano

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
How can he? He's banned form this forum isn't he?

Also as far as I can tell he hasn't "publicly promoted" or "republished" anything. He forwarded a document that was sent to him, containing the accusations, on to Robbo in a private email. Robbo then posted that email in the thread.
You are right, he is banned .. and will stay that way, this ban however has nothing to do with the donated money and everything to do with him breaking a promise to me. He was banned BEFORE all the money thing erupted.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I'm just gonna close this thread until I've spoken to ledz and a few of the people who were asking the original question. By the way, I'm not inferring Ledz was one of the original industry people who voiced their concerns, he wasn't.

Last edited:

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
being geographically removed from all of this, i consider my standpoint fairly neutral in all of this.

For what it's worth, I know Robbo is not telling anyone any lies. It's a fact, simple as. There's a lot of twisting of words and on occasion deliberate misinterpretation going on here.

I also KNOW that barnett deliberately took advantage of Pete's good nature, and believe me if you ever needed anything Pete would be the first to offer you the shirt off his back, thus leading to IMO the rightful questioning of barnett's integrity over that incident. I don't know the guy, my opinion of someone who uses facebook as a platform to wage a war of words on another person though is low to say the least. If you've something to say make arrangements to say it in person.

There's a lot of info here to wade through, so once the thread is reopened I'd suggest unless you've something genuinely constructive to say, think very very carefully before posting anything.

Reactions: frobinson and Dano

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I have opened this thread because barnett had been telling people I had backed down, and so, this particular lie of barnett's took me by surprise because I didn't think he would try to say anything like that but he has and this is why I have immediately posted it straight back up again, after all, the only reason I took it down was to make it eaiser for him to respond to the questions I had been asking [along with others in the industry] - he refused not to post any answers and so we can now all draw the conclusions that we think appropriate for someone who refuses to clarify where all the money has gone, how much he's been given, blah, blah, blah ....

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
this was posted on UKS on the 1st dec hope this clears some points
Post subject: Support for Soldiers
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:30 pm​

Global Moderator

Guys,

I've spoken to all the guys who have been involved in the Support for Soldiers project and here's the promised update now that the final total has been tallied (this includes the funds raised at the Awards Dinner). It's probably a good time to stick this post up as I know one individual who asked if it could be made a bit clearer. Please feel free to copy and re post this to other forums if you wish.

Support for Soldiers

Support for Soldiers was a project that was set up with the full consultation and input from the UK Scenario community via the UK Scenario Forum. The set up, structure and parties involved has all been clearly explained on numerous occasions and via multiple channels (magazine articles, Super6 newsletters, Super6 eMagazines, the UK Scenario Forum, the BZ Paintball Shop and countless times at events).

The project has NEVER ever been called a charity. It has been made absolutely clear from the start why it has been deliberately been structured NOT to be a charity. The structure for the project was designed under advice and recommendations from the Institute of Fund Raising (http://www.institute-of-fundraising.org.uk/) who have confirmed that the structure and organisation of the project is wholly and unequivocally legal and above board and is also the most appropriate way to do it.

There are three obligations that those involved in such a project need to fulfil;
1) Clarity at the point of collection as to what the fund raising is for
2) Clear accountancy procedures for transactions relating to the project
3) Clarity on what any money has been spent on.

Support for Soldiers does, and always has, met all three of these requirements.
For the outset it has repeatedly been made clear what the project is for and what it sought to achieve and this process has been ongoing for over 12 months. Additionally, where funds have been raised via paint sales by BZ Paintball each box of paint featured a large Support for Soldiers sticker on each box and a Support for Soldiers banner was present at the BZ stand at ALL major UK games (both Super6 and non-Super6). Where funds were raised by auctions, raffles or other activities a full explanation has always been given prior to such activities taking place. Many member of the community will have witnessed briefings and explanations at multiple events all over the UK in the past 12 months to this effect. All collection buckets used to collect funds have featured Support for Soldiers logos and stickers.

There has been absolutely no ambiguity whatsoever at the point of collection what the Support for Soldiers project is about and great pains have been taken to ensure this. When the project was launched, it was made clear that at the end of the 2011 year, the funds would be distributed and a full account would be made available to the players so that those who had donated could see where their money had been spent. A full balance sheet has been maintained throughout the year detailing funds collected, funds distributed and remaining balances. It has always been the case that this data would be made available at the end of 2011 following the collection of any funds raised after the awards in November.

Summary

Support for Soldiers is a wholly legal project. It is not a registered charity and there has always been 100% clarity as to why it was deliberately structured that way. Those who wish to point to the fact that it is not a registered charity as proof that it is in some way fraudulent are deliberately and wilfully misrepresenting the project and legal moves have been necessary in recent weeks and days in order to ensure that such malicious rumours are not spread further than they already have been.
The structure for Support for Soldiers has been checked by an independent body (the Institute for Fund Raising) who are wholly satisfied with its structure, transparency and legitimacy.
Companies, individuals and bodies involved in the project have been BZ Paintball, Tippmann Sports, Shoreline Paintball, Procaps (DXS), The UK Scenario Forum, Alan Murray and Tony Lindsay.

The Future

During 2011, Support for Soldiers has raised a total of £6,949.06. Some funds have already been allocated (Combat Stress – full details to be announced at the end of the year). There is currently a balance of £5,452.78 which will be distributed within the next seven days. Once all funds have been distributed, a full annual report and ledger account will be available to the public as was explained when the project was launched along with copies of all receipt as per Best Practise Guidelines.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Bisc, I've said I've done my bit now and stand by what I said but this is an easy one to sign off on, that post has been up since Dec 1st you say .. ok, all he has to do now is to not talk about who's involved, what's been done, blah, blah blah; he has to show the facts and figures relating to named bank accounts and fund registration details.
Someone said earlier that one of the reasons you cannot claim to be a charity is because you have less than 5 grand in donations .. if this is the case he has colected [in his own statement] more than 5 grand and so there's no need to create a fund, he can create a charity ... now, I'm relaying that, I don't know this to be the case but that's just a small detail.

There is nothing in that post above that gives real information ..... it's all words ... words ....words and doesn't answer one damn thing regarding the details of the appeal I have questioned..all it talks about is 'doing the right thing' but never showing the right thing .. that above, is meaningless drivel mate, absolutely meaningless .. :/

Last edited:

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
this was posted on UKS on the 1st dec hope this clears some points

There is currently a balance of £5,452.78 which will be distributed within the next seven days.
So, as we are now in the 3rd week of Februrary. Where are the accounts?

8 weeks to account for where those funds have gone can't be that hard can it?

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Re the issue of emails being sent and received, but not read, I have at the moment 168 unread messages in my inbox. Some of these more than a month old and they are not the spammy kind. My phone is about to explode from the amount of whatsapp traffic, so if somebody says he hasn't read an email that's been sent to him, I see nothing strange going on. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people on this site that know this feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.