Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ok Im a NOOB but still...

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
The newest edition to the Empire family is the Scion paintball loader.The Scion incorporates features of our other loaders, the Halo Too and the Prophecy Z2 to create a high-tech middle brother.Featuring a sensor system and a new drive cone based of the Z2 design and packed into the Halo Too shells, we created a loader that functions like a champ without breaking your wallet.The best feature is the addition of a tool-less battery door-Yep!- no more screwdriver needed to change batteries.If the Z2 is our thoroughbred, the Scion is our workhorse.

• Infrared Break Beam activation
  • New drive cone for more consistent feeding; based off the successful Z2 paintball loader design
  • Self Monitoring Drive Speed, similar to the logic used on the Z2 loader
  • Saves battery life
  • Prevents “Pop-corning” of balls
  • More consistent feeding, so the marker is never starved of paintballs
  • Auto Jam Clearance
  • Scion senses a jammed paintball and reverses to clear the jam
  • 6 Adjustable speed settings
  • Tool-less Battery Door
  • Includes a Rip Drive™ for manual advance or reverse of the ball stack
  • Integrated Freeway Anti-Jam
  • Works very well with Reballs™
  • Compatible with standard Halo accessories and shells, such as the Quick Load lid

Read more: http://empirepaintball.com/empire-scion-loader-smoke#ixzz2XoYVyRTl

Reactions: Liam92

MajorFaff

Sep 4, 2012
Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet, I didn't see it whilst skimming... you asked about what the "B" means: It is I believe mainly for 'Belt' -drive- and also that configuration of the cogs looks like a 'B'. The original Halo didn't use a belt, and some retrospectively call that one that 'A' I think.

A lot of people complain about the sound activated models (which are Reloader B's), but this is probably due to the first gen boards not being very sensitive. The 'B2' boards have greater sensitivity, and I have never ever had a problem on SP-1, TM7 (pretty quiet) or an EGO 10 I recently used. Worked flawlessly everytime.

HALO = Uses 'eyes' to detect when there is a gap in the balls so knows when to feed. (HALO B then HALO B2 then HALO V35)
Reloader = Uses Sound to hear the gun firing and feeds another ball. (Reloader B, Reloader B2)

The 'Magna' is also based heavily on the Halo and Reloader designs, and uses sound technology and a magnetic clutch system to avoid breaking balls in the hopper from too much pressure. It also can use RF signals to be activated which gains about an extra 2 balls per second more over sound or eyes in actual ball flow (rather than just claimed).

After that came the Prophecy, which I don't know much about other than it was tooless and used a different drive train and moved away from the square circuit boards... and bizarrely seems to leave the board exposed to the elements via the buttons/switches. It is a nice design and a good hopper aside from that :)

The bottomline line is, pretty much anything based on the HALO/Reloader platform are good second hand reliable hoppers that go for reasonable prices, which is a large part of why they are popular. There are better hoppers/loaders (like the Dye Rotor) but they command a MUCH greater premium on the 2nd hand market for something that you are never really allowed to use at the speed they can feed at anyway. What they do give you is a very cool look, low profile etc and good battery efficiency compared to older designs like the HALO. Some say the -Rotors- are more robust as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bolter