Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

OK, Sod TV, it aint gonna happen for a while.....so how about this....

Duncster

uber-spect8or!
Jul 7, 2001
Kettering
Visit site
......I think it's about time our beloved sport had a communication media to be proud of, and (although PGI do put together a killer publication...) I think we need something more. And if TV networks are not going to work in our favour just now, then let's start our own method of getting interviews, killer footage and UNBIASED opinions distributed on a mass (but inexpensive) scale. This will work if people are willing to have a go.

Why fly before we can run?? Don't we mostly want kool paintball related stuff to watch without breaking the bank? reading stuff is great...but actually watching it would be a whole lot better in my humble opinion.....

Distributing this media would be cheap, as all you need to create these "Zine's" are camcorders, a CD writer, imagination and some spare time......whaddaya think? I think it's certainly worth it.

Just think, you could put one of these puppies together and distibute them at a tourney for next to nothing (after all, how much does it cost to burn a CD???)....after a few of us start this ball rolling, the whole paintballing world will be joining in....

What does everyone think to this?

After all, it's a highly visual sport....why are we just reading about it?

Once again....if anyone here is involved in the hardcore punk scene, you'll be well aware of the punk fanzine network, and how HUGELY succesful it is....think about it....

gimme yr opinions.....

dunx.:rolleyes:

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
That is one hell of an idea mate. But why limit it to tourneys. Why not get paintball sites to sell (cheaply) to punters. That way they can see what they are missing out on. Or free cd-rom on the cover of PGI?

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
How much does it cost to burn a cd???

Other than some matches and a cd, not much I'd say......:D

I think the main problem is finding people with enough time. Obviously it will require a lot of work to be made to look good. Combine that with the fact that 'balling is expensive, which means most people who 'ball have time consuming jobs, and potentially are family men/women (like yourself, congrats again), and I think it ain't gonna be easy........
Would love for it to work out though.

Duncster

uber-spect8or!
Jul 7, 2001
Kettering
Visit site
Good response so far, cheers guys!!

I know it'll be harsh on the old time side of things, but if enough people take up the idea, it won't be like everyone is waiting for just one CD/DVD per month, there would be loads of 'em all over the place....eventually....just need to get the ball rolling.....

Of course, I don't think it'd be possible for just one camcorder to cover a game, so these Videozine projects may have to be done in collaboration with other like minded people just to get enough footage.

BRING IT ON!!! This is a WEECKEED idea!!! When's the next big tourney??!!!! hehe

dunx

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Hmmm,

If everybody were to bring their cams to the Amsterdam Millennium tourney, I bet we could fill a whole series of discs with nothing but off-field antics.
Mind you, it would probably be xxx rated........
Did you know that the official Amsterdam heraldry is actually three x'es? (true fact, that) So it's an xxx rated town, heehee!

Equus

Honk! Parp! Toot!
Oct 12, 2001
London
Visit site
Well, as I said in the thread before if you need someone to do any editing work, CD layout and all that kinda nonsense then I'm well up for helping.
I tend to have a bit of time free most nights so swearing at an avid box would be a good way of ussing it up. Especialy if it's good for p'ball.

Duncster

uber-spect8or!
Jul 7, 2001
Kettering
Visit site
OK, how about some phat ideas for content? player/event organiser interviews and game footage are obvious, but what other things might make for good content?

dunx

cowface

Team Rampage
Oct 9, 2001
northamptonshire
what about a paintball review programme, where there is a pball program all about the gear, shows, etc. like that new comp show on channel 4 on friday,