Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Old CCI Phantom co2 or Air?

Discussion in 'Pump Zone' started by Growler85, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Growler85 New Member

Growler85
    Message Count:
    Hi Guys,
    I was wondering if any body can offer some advice on this. I have just got hold of an early 90's Phantom & was hoping to trick it up a bit. It's currently set up with 12gram co2 but I wanted to change it to bottle, only to find out my local site doesn't have a co2 filling station. Do I have to stick to the 12grams or can I run it with compressed air? Sorry if I'm being a bit thick but I have been out of the game for a very very long time. Any ideas will be gratefully received.

2. Canon Fodder Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.

Canon Fodder
    Message Count:
    Should be okay on air - there will be a change in velocity but that can be adjusted via the screw inside the bolt.

Growler85 likes this.
  3. Growler85 New Member

Growler85
    Message Count:
    Thanks mate. I spoke to the site operator, who is an old baller like me, & he said the same as you. Might have to have a fiddle with the springs as well, which leads on to trying to find somewhere that sells thunderpig springs. Think I am going to have to go to CCI for them. Thanks again!

4. Canon Fodder Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.

Canon Fodder
    Message Count:
    Make sure it's a high pressure reg on your air bottle as well.

5. BOD The brotherhood

BOD
    Message Count:
    Any thing that ran on co2 can run on air with a bit of tinkering, inferno's for example, needed extra flow through the valve so they brought out a modified valve guide.

Canon Fodder likes this.
  6. Canon Fodder Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.

Canon Fodder
    Message Count:
    I know new phantoms come with two main springs - one for air and one for CO2 but you don't always need to change them - only if you can't get the desired velocity on air with the CO2 spring.