Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Old CCI Phantom co2 or Air?

Growler85

Nov 17, 2017
Southampton
Hi Guys,
I was wondering if any body can offer some advice on this. I have just got hold of an early 90's Phantom & was hoping to trick it up a bit. It's currently set up with 12gram co2 but I wanted to change it to bottle, only to find out my local site doesn't have a co2 filling station. Do I have to stick to the 12grams or can I run it with compressed air? Sorry if I'm being a bit thick but I have been out of the game for a very very long time. Any ideas will be gratefully received.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Should be okay on air - there will be a change in velocity but that can be adjusted via the screw inside the bolt.

Reactions: Growler85

Growler85

Nov 17, 2017
Southampton
Thanks mate. I spoke to the site operator, who is an old baller like me, & he said the same as you. Might have to have a fiddle with the springs as well, which leads on to trying to find somewhere that sells thunderpig springs. Think I am going to have to go to CCI for them. Thanks again!

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Any thing that ran on co2 can run on air with a bit of tinkering, inferno's for example, needed extra flow through the valve so they brought out a modified valve guide.

Reactions: Canon Fodder

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I know new phantoms come with two main springs - one for air and one for CO2 but you don't always need to change them - only if you can't get the desired velocity on air with the CO2 spring.

Growler85

Nov 17, 2017
Southampton
Many thanks for the advice. I'm not looking to use the gun in earnest, just for a bit of fun, but obviously I still want it running as best as it can. I'm going out to my local site this weekend to put some paint over there chrony & am hoping with the springs I've got I can achieve a constant velocity. I'm also looking for a bottom line kit that will fit the old M16 style composite grip that the early Phantoms had but my searches so far have not produced. It maybe something I have to go to CCI for but if I can source it from the UK I would be happier. Any advice or ideas on this would also be gratefully received. Thanks again guys!

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Many thanks for the advice. I'm not looking to use the gun in earnest, just for a bit of fun, but obviously I still want it running as best as it can. I'm going out to my local site this weekend to put some paint over there chrony & am hoping with the springs I've got I can achieve a constant velocity. I'm also looking for a bottom line kit that will fit the old M16 style composite grip that the early Phantoms had but my searches so far have not produced. It maybe something I have to go to CCI for but if I can source it from the UK I would be happier. Any advice or ideas on this would also be gratefully received. Thanks again guys!
The euro grip (think that's what it's called) that you find on infernos should bolt onto a phantom frame from what I remember and if you get one from an inferno it would probably already have the asa on it.