Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Old Cockers versus new Cockers

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
It's a question that's got me thinking about mechanical Autocockers and is aimed directly at the hardcore cocker fanboys...

How do the new cockers like the Empire resurrection compare in terms of feel and function against older hand built high end cockers lovingly built during the mid/late 90's like the Predator/Evolution or the many custom ones built over the pond in the USA like the Westwood cockers etc....

So let the gun Apologetics begin........o_O

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
i am an avid "old" cocker fan. and to me part of the cocker appeal is to be able to upgrade it as and when i have the cash or when needed. i personally dont like the resurrection because things like the gripframe and bolts are not upgradable.
i have been able to play with one when they were released, and i just couldnt get on with it, due to the vert reg being to far forward, also i missed not having a back block nearly whacking me in the face! I didn't find the trigger nice either, for me it was a bit too snappy, also i found the trigger guide screws to be a bit too grippy and if they were backed off a touch to eliminate this, the trigger produced alot of side to side play. Overall i dont think in my eyes it is worth the retail price, when it is possible to pick up a nice upgraded 'cocker off of here for over half the price! plus the mech market isn't strong enough to command such a price, with others out there like the GoG Enmey.

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
So moving on,would I be right so assume then that the later made Belsales Evolution & the 09 SFL Shocktech cocker would be more of a "best of both worlds" then ?

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
If its the one I am thinking of. Open gripframe and press and hold red button above the battery and you should see new options menu. Got to the one that says "fact" and change to "f" . That should restore it to factory fast setting, its the same as the e1 board but with some different modes like full auto.