Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Old fart returns

david525

Nov 17, 2015
beds
Hi I have not played in a toulament for 14 years I am over 50 and got arthritis in both knees but a chap I do work for has invited me down am I to old or is it going to be a good bit of fun. He said div 4 is semi only so I could use my e blade or LCD or will I look a cock

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
I'm 50 and playing for Team Unlimited in the CPPS (Div 5 and Breakout) and having a great time.

The new M500 format has made the game better (in my eyes) and more playable by the older ballers who have the experience and skillset - as Pete posted not so long ago, its made the playing, more a game of chess.

Yes you need to cover the ground, but leaving the snake sliding to the whipper snappers. Unlimited are a disabled team, with three members who play with replacement lower limbs, two with diabetes, and a few other ailments, none of which stops us completing and enjoying the sport we all love.

Don't worry about how your gun looks or works, with 10.5bps and reduced paint usage it wont be out of place and should keep up.

Best decision I've made in a long time getting back into paintball and giving the CPPS a bash.

Good luck and most importantly have fun.

thomasbear

Aug 12, 2014
Milton keynes
Age is just a number a ball from a 50 year old player goes splat just as easily from a 18 year old player. Just generally means you less likely to div around the field. If your gunning is on point and communication is good you will compete just as well as anyone else. The team I play with got some 3 45+ (I use that loosely). So don't worry and enjoy

slam

Euro, ICPL and ECPL ref.
Feb 27, 2002
North Yorkshire
Just to clarify all divisions except break in/breakout use millennium ramping but if you can cap semi to 10.5 bps you should be fine.

MattC

Head of The CPPS Mole Correction Facility.
Nov 11, 2008
The only divisions we operate none Millennium gun modes in are our Saturday Divisions. Breakin and Breakout.

You will NOT be allowed to run semi in Division 4.

Reactions: Spikerz

david525

Nov 17, 2015
beds
Yup that it break in div sorry not up on any of it but I will go Down to John's bricket wood and see how . I get on if you see me take pitty and give me a life spanking

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
The only divisions we operate none Millennium gun modes in are our Saturday Divisions. Breakin and Breakout.

You will NOT be allowed to run semi in Division 4.
MattC, I'm confused - if a semi is able to be set to 10.5bps limit, but cannot ramp i.e. no mills setting, how can that be not allowed in Div 4. Surely that is penalizing a player with a marker that is of lesser standard than the rules specify. Would you make him give up his much loved marker and go out and buy a ramping capable one. Surely the M500 format is trying to embrace less ramping / laning and semi markers should be allowed.

Please understand, not trying to antagonize or dispute the rules, just trying to grasp why semis are not allowed. I've a small collection of lovely semi markers (timmi, karni), I'd hoped one day to grace the fields at CPPS, but by the looks of it only in Breakout Div or on walk on days.

n.b. me and my much loved MacDev Drone 2 will be at the next event.

Richard (Boots)

Playing before you were born
Apr 20, 2016
SE London
The wpbo2016 rules doesnt mention markers must have ramping , it does say any marker capable of ramping must abide by the 10.5 bps .
It also says you can use non electric tigger markers, which must also comply to restrictions , even the use of pump guns has its own section.
I assume the Cpps follow these rules .
The problem you may have with your eblade as it has an electronic tigger is complying with the rate of fire cap .
Mech autocockers are fine as long as they have a beaver tail .

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Capping semi auto E blades is difficult on stock boards

I think the medium ROF setting works out at around 10bps but it's not physically capped at that