Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Old guns

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
i have a dm8, pm7 and a newer dm14.

All are spool valve using virtually the same bolt (minor tweaks aside) the biggest issue for me coming back into the game was the fire modes, the older guns tend not to have the newer 10.5 bps cap or a method of achieving it without either a software flash or a new board.

A new board however has made my pm7 and dm8 as useful, reliable and near as dammit efficient as my dm14 for a fraction of the cost.

For my money i would buy an older high end that still has manufacturer support/spares available and that has either got the capability to be set at or has an aftermarket board. I chose Dye as the bolts still use the same o'rings, eye pipes etc from years ago and are easily found.

recently a friend picked up a dm9 with tadao board for £120, fantastic bargain of a gun compared to a newer but more basic pmr/gtek.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I shoot an Ego7, SL8r or a DM8 in tournaments and have never had any occasion where I've felt outgunned or had issues shooting brittle paint. Spares are reasonably available, and the most expensive cost me £250! If you know your way around maintenance, buying old makes sense!

Reactions: Stan

lizardz10

May 19, 2014
Yeah im good with maintenance mainly because when I get a gun I can't stop playing with it at home, Always make sure it's spotlessly clean and lubed! My budget is between 1-200 for the marker as I'd like to get a decent mask, hopper and a carbon tank first as I can Alwyss upgrade markers ;) still got my pants, bounce vest and pod pack though and some other bits! Might have a look out for an ego10 as they look reasonably cheap now or maybe a 1St gen get or dm9/10 if they last year's!

Thanks for the replies, might see if I can try n shoot a newer gun and see if anytging has changed!