Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Old Paintball teams

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Phil Ham ex the Preds now runs his own site (mix of paintball clays and quads) with his wife Lesley (also ex player) in Maidstone, Kent. http://www.outdoorpursuits.com/

He played last years Campaign Cup with a scratch team made up of ex-players tho i cant remember the teams name....

Dave S ECI

ECI + HFT
Jul 17, 2001
53rd and 3rd
Visit site
Originally posted by Johan - Backlash
players moved to Backlash ???? I dont think so!!!!
You've still got James Elling playing for you? Not original BC but he played for the reformed version for a while.

Rancid, thats what I heard from the grapevine and I have no reason to doubt it.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Old school UK teams....whatever happened to...

Edit: I started a separate thread which a mod kindly merged with this one:

Teams I know about first hand:

Harlequins - formed late 80's. Regulars on the Essex/Kent tourny scene in the early 90's. Played the BPL and HCL. Lost Ivan and Tricky when Renegade moved to the USA under Smart Parts - three of their regulars went to Storm in 94/95. Mr Duffy played for them for a while. They finally dissolved quietly in 96 with some members briefly playing for Typhoon before leaving the sport.

Short Timers - formed ??. A Pro team whose performance in tourneys varied a lot. were in Div 1 (?) of HCL. Split in 95 with some players joining Storm.

Redskins - formed late 80's. At one point one of the strongest intermediate teams in the UK, knocking on the doors of the pros. Used to be based at Mayhem Abridge. Still playing reguarly with some founding members, but usually restrict themselves to playing at Dragon's Lair.

Anyone with more info on any of those, feel free to fill in the gaps - how about info on (off the top of my head)......

Turks?
Bad Company?
Predators?
NWC?
Ditch Dogs?
Tazmanian Devils?

More team suggestions needed! :)

D

duffistuta

John...

Harlequins - Pass, last I heard was Typhoon way back

Short Timers - Darren Hall was selling double glazing in Colchester last time I saw him!

Redskins - Thought you played with them the other week?

Turks - Last played Mayhem 99, when we (I played with em) missed semis by 3 points. Doh! Dave Coombes is living in Spain, John Boy was in Thailand last I heard, dunno about Keith, Cass, Ivan et al.

Bad Company - Reformed a couple of years ago then disappeared again

Predators - Big Dave's on Shockwave

NWC - Mostly quit, Dave Stewart captains Outkast, Tris Hewitt on Imperial I believe...

Ditch Dogs - Boz on Mayhem Tigers

Tazmanian Devils - Pass

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Unnamed Tsunami Player
Phil Ham ex the Preds now runs his own site (mix of paintball clays and quads) with his wife Lesley (also ex player) in Maidstone, Kent. http://www.outdoorpursuits.com/

He played last years Campaign Cup with a scratch team made up of ex-players tho i cant remember the teams name....
Diablo Old Sods (or Old Gits, can't remember which), he even had Sid Spittal playing!

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Aiieee thread confusion, some nice mod moved my bits into this one. :)

Steve (amazed you remember my name!) :) - Yep, I'm playing for the Redskins now. Phil (from the Harlequins) has just started playing again as well (for Redskins Braves), he says hi. :D

D

duffistuta

Hi Phil!

Must be something in the water - just started again after 4 years off too...it's an Eessex thing, obviously.;)