Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Old Paintball teams

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
Northern paintball teams.
Ahh.. the cock of the north touring, we (the scorpions who came from Hull) came second there years on the trott. I think the terminators won the first one and banzai bandits won the next two.
We entered the 1990 & 91 mayhems, we got battered by NAM ( I think they came second or third that year).
We all had bushmasters, razorbacks and phantoms in 89 & 90; by the end of 1990 we got sponcorship by kenimex who made the scorpion. I think we where the only team running pumps in the 1990 mayhems, later we all upgraded to cockers, icons and promags.
We had several features in the paintball mags run by Stuart wall and Steve mattacott.
Great days !! I still have 100's of magazines and still have my old splat master (with speed wheel), my bushmaster, my scorpion and my mini autococker

Northern teams
The scorpions from Hull
Highlander - Scotland
Nawty boys - Newcastle
Rejects/ raggy dolls - Leeds.(Paul hadwin)
Terminators - Manchester ( olly and Steve)
Banzai bandits - Manc

Manny lions (ex Worsley workers)
I played in the 90/91 Mayhem Masters as well, with a team from Germany.

In 90 we had a beer tent we couldnt fit in as it was full with beer and had to sleep in some other teams tents for the weekend. We had a player get so drunk he stumbled into a bush on the field and went to sleep. He got shot a few times and I had to go drag him off the field at the end of the game. He didn't wake up till dinner time.

91 was in a hotel with a few other teams, they gave up at the bar at 0400.

These might be one of the reasons why we came near the bottom.

As for northern teams, I do wonder what happened to olly etc from terminators.

TRA Headshot

Old School
Mar 6, 2011
Cambridge
Man.... Terminators beat the excrement out of us at an a tourny once, 10 man event, don't think we scored a point!..... Our theory was they didn't drink as much as we had the night before hahaha.... The excuse we still stick to!

go-one

Any idea of the history of a team called Team Zone?? One of their old players got the me into the sport and sold me my first marker...an Eclipse autococker...assuring me it would out gun anything out there lol
Wow, missed this last year :-/ just found it in a random search!

Ollie, after brief outings under other names with various makeups of the Zone family, most of the guys have (inevitably) moved on to other things! Steve Brind is into fishing, Lee Barrell is into canoing and photography, not sure what Rob Grey is up to and thats the 'founders' covered.

Depending when you started (2003/04/05) will indicate who was about, the core of the 03 squad (less Steve, me and maybe one other) never made it out of the 04 season (the step up was to much!), the bulk of the 04 2nd team became the 05 squad and I'm still in touch with most of them, Rob, Cris play with real guns now, panda has moved on. The old 'Thunder' contingent (Puffy, Lurch, Tom) are still about although only Puffy is playing AFAIK, Darren Nixon tryed to get us back togeather for a walk on but nothing came of it. Various occasional and latter day zoners are still about on the scene (Richard Ganish), but truth be told I lost track of all the guys who played over the 5 years or so Zone played.

As for me I get to the odd game now and again, did some walkons whilst living in Germany and had the privalege of joining the Sandbaggers for the Euro big game a few years back (Thanks again Ledz, Stephan and Thomas), but I'm booked into Paintfest this year so will be my first UK outing in nearly 5 years, so hope to see some old faces (and if thay started when I did I do mean OLD faces ;-) !!!!

Regards
Stu H

Game Over (capt)....Gladiators...Weapon X.......Thunder.......Team Zone (Coach)....Militant Order.......And a few I can't remember !

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Wow, missed this last year :-/ just found it in a random search!

Ollie, after brief outings under other names with various makeups of the Zone family, most of the guys have (inevitably) moved on to other things! Steve Brind is into fishing, Lee Barrell is into canoing and photography, not sure what Rob Grey is up to and thats the 'founders' covered.

Depending when you started (2003/04/05) will indicate who was about, the core of the 03 squad (less Steve, me and maybe one other) never made it out of the 04 season (the step up was to much!), the bulk of the 04 2nd team became the 05 squad and I'm still in touch with most of them, Rob, Cris play with real guns now, panda has moved on. The old 'Thunder' contingent (Puffy, Lurch, Tom) are still about although only Puffy is playing AFAIK, Darren Nixon tryed to get us back togeather for a walk on but nothing came of it. Various occasional and latter day zoners are still about on the scene (Richard Ganish), but truth be told I lost track of all the guys who played over the 5 years or so Zone played.

As for me I get to the odd game now and again, did some walkons whilst living in Germany and had the privalege of joining the Sandbaggers for the Euro big game a few years back (Thanks again Ledz, Stephan and Thomas), but I'm booked into Paintfest this year so will be my first UK outing in nearly 5 years, so hope to see some old faces (and if thay started when I did I do mean OLD faces ;-) !!!!

Regards
Stu H

Game Over (capt)....Gladiators...Weapon X.......Thunder.......Team Zone (Coach)....Militant Order.......And a few I can't remember !
Hello mate. Well I bought my cocker off Rob and hes a locksmith now. He also got married and has a little boy now. I havnt seen him in a few years but it was his tales of Zone that got me into paintball. What leagues did you guys play?

Twizz ECI

London Tigers 2
Jan 8, 2003
Crawley
Old School 7 man event, Turks, UK Preds, NAM and shades of Grey players playing at Campaign Paintball in Surrey on the 20th of July
so any tea want to play against these old school teams. then get booked in.

go-one

Hello mate. Well I bought my cocker off Rob and hes a locksmith now. He also got married and has a little boy now. I havnt seen him in a few years but it was his tales of Zone that got me into paintball. What leagues did you guys play?
Yep, I see the odd update on FB from rob, like most of us he got old and sensible lol.

Leagues wise, and this is from memory, zone did....

2003? M25 League going from D4 to D1 in one season (Although settled in D2). MS - Campaign (Novice winners)
2004? D7's normally around D2/3 and MS - Campaign Am Div, pos +1 other
2005 PA League D3 (I think?) and a couple MS, possibly Open De Catalinia? May have been 06&07
2006/07 PA I think, not sure when it folded but various Southern events, couple MS, Open De Catalinia. Not sure exactly, I missed a lot of the season 06 and 07 with knee Op and work, Zone 'morphed' into Militant Order around this time who did Euro 5 Man, some MS and pos Open De Catalinia

Was fun while it lasted, lots of memories, we made an impact, one of very few UK winners of an MS event in ANY Div, and on the whole had no superstars but played it hard and in yur face (as Nexus found at the Euro 5man); Not bad for a team that on the whole were a bunch of over sized, over weight 30 some-things!