Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Old Paintball teams

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Odd that, I googled ICS the other day, wasn't finding what I wanted at first and remembered what it stood for. Added Idema to my search, my what a charming sounding fellow.

Still I'll forgive fraudulent business practices and torture for the terminator shoulder rig.

Dave Elliott

No i'm not dead!
Apr 25, 2005
Inverness
www.wildwoodzpaintball.co.uk
Ha Ha Swede, Big Nick, then one day Ralph Surry. Sort of lost something then.. Dont tell me - he's a cage fighter now. No offence Ralph wherever you are.

Keith Idema - the only man ive ever met and knew instantly that he should be in some kind of an institution. Barking. Great kit - made by a lunatic.

I have to say - i think 1992 was a golden year for paintball. That years Mayhem tournament was an absolute classic, soooo many talking points. Turks winning, Preds and Nam not making it (sorry Pete), The Eagles story and so much more. Then theres the Campaign Cup that lasted for 3 months. Paintball in those days was so much more......dare i say interesting. I still love it but its lost its, well - charm....

In saying that i'm not disrespecting todays player - its a completely different game now from what it was. Still - there were more UK teams then were there not? Thats got to say something, 10-man too mind...

Reactions: skippy77

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Ha Ha Swede, Big Nick, then one day Ralph Surry. Sort of lost something then.. Don't tell me - he's a cage fighter now. No offence Ralph wherever you are.
Ralph Surry, cage fighter, you gotta be kidding me Dave :) Now, if you had said 'Kim', his wife, now that I could've believed, that lady could sure march on!

Keith Idema - the only man I've ever met and knew instantly that he should be in some kind of an institution. Barking. Great kit - made by a lunatic.
I think i mentioned somewhere else on this site when he called me a few years back from Afghanistan telling me how much killing Taliban was like paintball ...he then went onto give me a somewhat chilling account of some of his escapades ...hmmmm........ a few months later he was in jail in Kandahar (sp?) for torturing five men, all of whom were found hanging upside down when the police went for him.
He then got in touch a few years later when he asked me to go and pick his cell mate up, who had just been released from Gatwick Airport and put him up a for a couple of days ....yeah right I was gonna let him sleep in my house with my wife and daughter there after he ain't seen no woman for years ...plus he was a murdering psychopath .... I kinda got outa that one :)

Keith was an interesting character to say the least, full of contradictions but had always been friendly to me and so I can't really diss him in any way .....well, the fact is, I don't want a Kalashnikov stuck up me ass one day with my throat being cut, that's why I ain't gonna diss him, I'm a coward at heart :)

I have to say - i think 1992 was a golden year for paintball. That years Mayhem tournament was an absolute classic, soooo many talking points. Turks winning, Preds and Nam not making it (sorry Pete), The Eagles story and so much more. Then theres the Campaign Cup that lasted for 3 months. Paintball in those days was so much more......dare i say interesting. I still love it but its lost its, well - charm....

In saying that I'm not disrespecting todays player - its a completely different game now from what it was. Still - there were more UK teams then were there not? Thats got to say something, 10-man too mind...
100% agreed Dave !!!!

Dave Elliott

No i'm not dead!
Apr 25, 2005
Inverness
www.wildwoodzpaintball.co.uk
Mr Idema wont be watching this now though will he?:eek: Blimey - it even says where i live and everything..... Keith - i was only a kid when i formed those opinions... hold on.... was that the door?

Dont want to hijack a thread that has been so recently resurected but hopefully this is on the same sort of subject...

Re: Paintball losing its soul.

Is our view the classic - they dont make em like they used to / grumpy old man viewpoint or is something genuinely missing these days?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Short Timers...... Jesus think they all got jobs and lives etc.

P
I in no way wish to diss these guys but if you ever wanted to cause a riot on a paintball field, all you had to do was, go find the Short Timers, get them in a huddle and toss in a couple of grams of charlie ..... oh my, all you woulda seen is a cloud of dust with arms and legs everywhere.
I think the guys from the Short Timers are all well and presently resident on Planet Zog !

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Dave, remember this?

I will give you ten points for each one identified, there are gonna be two guys you won't be able to tag because you won't know them but all the others you might ...... have fun mate :)

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
That picture looks like the worlds strangest Levi's advert.

Or it's a channel 5 documentary about Octuplets whose mum still dresses them all the same.