Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Old Paintball teams

longy

Mar 12, 2003
Wareham
chopp.plus.com
Anybody know what happened to all the old paintball teams(uk).?

Been out of the paintball tourny scene for about 10 years.
HOPEFULLY, gonna get into it again.

So, what happened to Short Timers, Preds, NWC, BC, The Nightmares, Shades of Grey, Mayhen tigers, The Turks, Banzi Bandits or any other big tourny teams?

Glad to see Robbo still going. :eek:

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by longy

So, what happened to Short Timers, Preds, NWC, BC, The Nightmares, Shades of Grey, Mayhen tigers, The Turks, Banzi Bandits or any other big tourny teams?

Banzai Split last year, Mayhem Tigers still going strong.........erm... :eek:....I'm out....

Paul
:)

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
Searching for the pro-tour....:S
BC - Bad Company? are still playing pro with massive sponsorship from Kingman.

Predators, NWC and Shades of grey long gone. As are the Vulcans (Colin of Vulcans and I think Shades now plays for us).

Thats my Lot :)

Ian

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!

Short Timers...... Jesus think they all got jobs and lives etc.

Preds.... RIP.... Split up about 5 years ago (I think) Big Dave now plays for Shockwave, Dave Spittle left shockwave about 2 years ago got married started golf. Sid plys once every year at Campaign Cup. As for the rest no idea all just vanished.

NWC.... Split maybe 2 years ago I think people just gave up or moved on to other teams.

Shades..... See above.

Turks.... See Above

BC.... tried the big come back and died again! Oh well.

Think I am done now.

Piper

Dave S ECI

ECI + HFT
Jul 17, 2001
53rd and 3rd
Visit site
BC...(not the US team), tried the comeback as Piper says with Steve Mattacot and Dickie Donegan as the only two original players. Steve lost interest, and apparently recently had a triple heart bypass. Dickie moved out to the states and is married, best of luck to the fella. After that the team fell apart but players from it went to storm pro, backlash, and mayhem tigers AM.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Lots of the Shades guys still around, e.g. Webby (Ecstasy), Jimmy & Matty (Shockwave), a few more scattered about here & there still playing.
Last I heard of Steve Mattacott of BC fame he had moved to Spain or somewhere.
Storm are one of the top teams from years ago still going stronger than ever, putting out 3 teams at some events and a squad of around 40 players.

J

Johan

Originally posted by Bad Dave
BC...(not the US team), tried the comeback as Piper says with Steve Mattacot and Dickie Donegan as the only two original players. Steve lost interest, and apparently recently had a triple heart bypass. Dickie moved out to the states and is married, best of luck to the fella. After that the team fell apart but players from it went to storm pro, backlash, and mayhem tigers AM.
players moved to Backlash ???? I dont think so!!!!

D6

Jun 21, 2002
Nakatomi Plaza

The Steve Henley fan-club is still going strong buddy...have you called him yet?;)

Drop me an email anytime if you want to play.

Dicky