Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

older ego or something else

Ashfire

Sep 3, 2014
Hi

Returning after a long break. Used to shoot a ego 05 back in the day. Looking to spend around 200-300 on a second hand marker now. Still like the ego and what should i expect to get for that budget.

Is an ego still a good choice or should i get something else.

Any advice accepted.

Cheers
Ash

p.s i will be playing tourney style and a few walk on games

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
Could easily pick up an ego 10 for that and have change in your pocket

They are safe and easy to maintain, not the smoothest but reliability and efficiency are excellent.
PE also do a spoolie now, the Geo if PE is your poison. Otherwise marker wise there's plenty of choice in that price bracket.

Ashfire

Sep 3, 2014
Great. I have an old ego 5 but needs a ton of parts and that's proving difficult to find. Probably want to stick with eclipse as they're familiar. Will keep my eye out for a 10 then. Cheers for the response.

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
Parts can be tricky as Planet stopped making bits and won't service anything older than an Ego 9 now.

Ego 7/8 can be picked up between £140/£180 nowadays, all can be capped to 10.5 which about the standard

Reactions: Ashfire

Ashfire

Sep 3, 2014
Thanks. I've sourced and spoken to paintball showcase for a few bits i need for my old ego 05 but think i'm gonna pick up a slightly newer ego. Ideally a 8 but will look older. Worse case is i end up with a load of cool markers to stick in the man cave. Thanks again for your help.

Reactions: Evil Rich

Ashfire

Sep 3, 2014
I'm a bit of a horder. I used to shoot professionally (semi) and started collecting deactivated and replica firearms. At last count I had an estimated 600 guns. Had to buy another house to keep them in.