Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Oliver Lang to Ironmen

Originally posted by weedave
Compared to dynasty? Absolutely.

Something similar went on in the world of football just around a month ago. Henry was linked with a move to Barcelona to play along side some of the greatest players in the world e.g. Eto'o and Ronaldinho.

Arsenal and Barcelona and two of the biggest clubs in the world, Barcelona being the bigger of the two.

Why choose to play for a club who he is worshipped at and is their star player when he can go to a bigger club where he will have better chance of winning the champions league but will have to play in the shadow of Ronaldinho. He would be a big fish in a bigger pond where as with arsenal, hes a big fish in a smaller pond.

Now compare this to the world of paintball. Hes playing for the best team in the world along side the best players in the world and he moves to a big club but not as big. Where is he going to stand out more? If he wins a tournament with LA or with Dynasty?
What team would appreciate him more?

Dave
You're talking about the last few season kidder, that's what I'm saying - The Ironmen are the Real Madrid of Paintball, the biggest club name. That does not mean they are the best team now. In terms of Paintball's history, ironmen is the biggest team name ever - if Dynasty carry on in the way they are they may supercede them - it is after all a young sport - but as of today The Shield is still bigger than the Dragon.

Freddie Brockdorff

Olva the Berserker
Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Re: Re: So here's a question...

Originally posted by TJ Lambini
No, they are paid to play by their club, the sponsor deals are separate jobs with separate companies and separate salaries - Chi Town is right.
Well a bit different in this case, since the "club" is actually the also the "company" - the team owner is also the company owner?! Oh how confusing all this is...... ;)

A bit more from the man himself:
http://www.forceofnature.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=11521
http://www.forceofnature.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=11520

(Yeah I got no life!:D )

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
You're talking about the last few season kidder, that's what I'm saying - The Ironmen are the Real Madrid of Paintball, the biggest club name. That does not mean they are the best team now. In terms of Paintball's history, ironmen is the biggest team name ever - if Dynasty carry on in the way they are they may supercede them - it is after all a young sport - but as of today The Shield is still bigger than the Dragon.
I would dispute that, Aftershock the winningnest team of all time says it all for me....6 world cups - The Ironmen didn't ever get close to that !!!!!!!!!!

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Originally posted by Robbo
I would dispute that, Aftershock the winningnest team of all time says it all for me....6 world cups - The Ironmen didn't ever get close to that !!!!!!!!!!
Then I'd like to suggest;

Ironmen are Manchester United
Aftershock = Real Madrid
XSV are Chelsea
Dynasty = Barcelona

?

Originally posted by Robbo
Winningest team for sure, but the Men name, the shield, the personalities were a bigger draw IMO. They had a romance that Shock never did, they were the first rock n roll Paintball team - Shock were the bad boy outsiders and just as good if not a better team - but the Men had that certain indefinable something that Shock didn't. Plus they were marketed and had more marketable individuals - Youngblood was the sport's first ever poster boy, Bob Long remains it's most recognisable face, Marty Bush made it into tha PGi Top 10 of all time despite not having played for years. The wrangle for the name and tha fact that two Ironmen existed at once just adds to that mythology.

If you were selliing a product line and you had a choice of two names to market it - Aftershock and Ironmen - which would you go for? Cos I would say The men name has the weight there by some distance.

I think in tha annals of Paintball in 50 years time the Ironmen name will prove to be the bigger and will have more longevity, but time will tell.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
I'm lucky in that I have known Oliver for a long time, from when I met him at World Cup through Bill and Dawn Mills, and when he first started travelling to overseas events. I'd like to consider myself a friend and I appreciate that he always takes time to talk at events.

I've always had a lot of respect for Oliver, in the way he handles himself, his playing and just being who he is and how he hangs out at the field and interacts with people.

My respect just grew to another level. :tup:

I can understand how it wasn't easy for him, and how people want to find negativity in his actions, but I don't see it. I see the same person I've known for many years trying to do what's best for himself, his future and paintball.

Sometimes if you want to make a difference in your world you have to step away from the warm and comfortable known to the unknown and see what happens.

Big respect Ollie, and good luck. :tup:

gfresh666

Nov 3, 2001
PA USA
Visit site
sport?

My client will listen to any offers, but please make sure they are done confidentially. We do not do business on public forums.

What, you thought Dynasty was the only team to have a sports agent?
Eating doughnuts is a sport? Piper needs to contact crispy Kreme hmm first paintball person to sponsered by a doughnut company:D