Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Oliver Lang to Ironmen

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
What is quite telling, is that not one member of Dynasty has come out and said the story is untrue. If the story was a fake then surely people in the Dynasty forum would be all over the news denying it and laughing about it in the way that they ave done in the past.

The guy who rooms with Martinez said taht the story is true, Yougblood has pres released it, and Robbo has confirmed it too. No doubt in my mind.

Fabio421

Dec 21, 2002
In a state of confusion.
Visit site
.it was a deal that was completed the day before yesterday after some pretty lengthy discussions over some pretty cool beers.

If this is true. The contract is unenforcable (sp). You cannot legaly sign a contract while under the influence of any mind altering substance. If Ollie were to have second thoughts, this could be his loop hole. I'm not saying he will. I'm just saying it's a possibility.

And 100k doesn't go as far as you think. Remember, he lives in San Diego. One of the most expensive areas to live. I think its great thata player is getting this kinda money to play. I'm just saying that its not as much as it sounds. He can live off of it, but he won't be buying a house any time soon. Thats why I left CA. Too hard to get ahead, even on a good salary.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
dude its paintball and i am quite sure he has more than enough time to think about it and back out if he wants to.

but for the sort of deal he is reported to be getting????

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
Sam and robbo i can see your point.

Its like the footballer who's says that "yes my team is leeds and i am sticking with them" and the next day he has a man u top on.

but like you said robbo it all might be politics what i was told but found it strange that he said that he is still on dynasty and ollie was stood right next to him.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Well it wasn't so much an official announcement from Dye as that comes out tomorrow but it was Dave YB who called me up to tell me and so I would tend to think it's authentic.
Basically, it's a done deal and it is a deal, that secures a great income for Oliver all the time he is with Dave.

When Ollie told the rest of the guys, it was met with a mixed reception with both ends of the emotional spectrum being represented, some angry, some sad, some both ..... .
A bit of bad timing had the Ironmen practicing against Dynasty this weekend which tended to spice up matters to say the least when the news was broken early but this was all resolved.

Paintball is now beginning to flesh itself out like any other sport so let's not be too surprised when things like this happen.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by markie c
Sam and robbo i can see your point.
Its like the footballer who's says that "yes my team is leeds and i
Markie, the guys on the team were told officially yesterday morning in a car park wheer Ollie called all the guys together.

If you called Ryan after that meeting then I'm afraid you have to make your own mind up as to why he would have told you that because there was no duplicity from Ollie whatsoever.
Ryan knew well before the news broke and the subsequent postings on the forums, and so perhaps he did not feel it appropriate to tell you at that time maybes.

Jasper

Northern Heroes #03
Sep 3, 2003
Carlisle UK
Originally posted by markie c
but like you said robbo it all might be politics what i was told but found it strange that he said that he is still on dynasty and ollie was stood right next to him.
Should have asked to speak to him if he was standing next to him Markie an heard it 'straight from the horses mouth' He is the only true person who can confirm it ;)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Jasper
Should have asked to speak to him if he was standing next to him Markie an heard it 'straight from the horses mouth' He is the only true person who can confirm it ;)

Jasper, I think Dave YB might also be in a 'position' to confirm it don't ya think...