Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ollie Lang clinic cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
...for 200 quid, I would want his soul...
Very true.

Going on the assumption that Ollie is getting all the bread raised by the 40 players. @ £200 per man thats £8000 he is converting back to dollars for 2 days coaching.

Giving something back to lesser ballers is one thing. Bending them over and giving it to them from behind is another matter.

Even taking into account paint cost and green fee. He's still taking home $12000.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Very true.

Going on the assumption that Ollie is getting all the bread raised by the 40 players. @ £200 per man thats £8000 he is converting back to dollars for 2 days coaching.

Giving something back to lesser ballers is one thing. Bending them over and giving it to them from behind is another matter.

Even taking into account paint cost and green fee. He's still taking home $12000.
you have no idea what you're talking about pal, so jsut pipe down.
don't forget, Cuba was coming too, so ollie wouldn't cream off all the cash, even if it were the case that the pros take the majority of the money.
What costs cash is flights accommodation, spending money, taxis, and of course their wages. lang earns $100,000 a year quoted in the press. he isnt going to give up 3 days of his life for gratis is he ? to suggest otherwise is patently moronic

dont like the price? dont go. no need to badmouth it on the forums.

noone was getting raped, and lots of people who actually have attended the pro clinics in the past have stated its one of their best paintball experiences, and well worth spending out for.

i know for a fact the dynasty clinic was the most positive weekend i ever spent playing paintball and made me a much better player.

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
So £200*:

Box of paint - £25
Lunch £5
Poster & goodies -£5-10
DVD -£10
T-shirt - £10

so £50-60 worth of stuff leaving £120 a day. £15 for walkon fees (or is it £10 I can remember) so £105 for both players for both days. £26.25 a player a day. )

Why are so many turning round and saying thats too much, it is an expensive sport and you know that it would be totaly worth it. I wasn't going & I realise that makes me part of the problem but I can at least appreciated what must have gone in to organise it & you people should show some respect.

:)

*All workings out are a guess.

Dave S ECI

ECI + HFT
Jul 17, 2001
53rd and 3rd
Visit site

I imagine costs might look like this:

£200 - Paypal fees on registration monies
£1200 - Flights for Ollie / Nicky
£800 - Hotels, food etc. for Ollie / Nicky
£1200 - 80 cases of paint
£800 - Green Fee to NQ
£600 - Marketing and Setup of weekend by Markie C (his time = money)

Which leaves £3200 for Ollie / Nicky and the NQ to share.

I am sure there are other costs / factors I havn't considered. Flights could easily be more than what I quoted above.

Luke W

The Firm
Oct 7, 2006
Salford
I imagine costs might look like this:

£200 - Paypal fees on registration monies
£1200 - Flights for Ollie / Nicky
£800 - Hotels, food etc. for Ollie / Nicky
£1200 - 80 cases of paint
£800 - Green Fee to NQ
£600 - Marketing and Setup of weekend by Markie C (his time = money)

Which leaves £3200 for Ollie / Nicky and the NQ to share.

I am sure there are other costs / factors I havn't considered. Flights could easily be more than what I quoted above.

I'm guessing you worked that out on the assumption of 40 players?

Which, unfortunately, there obviously wasn't, and it still costs the same for hotels, food, flights etc however many people come...:(

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
As far as I can see, it doesn't matter what the hell Ollie or anybody else makes out of this, what matters is..cost to the customer because ultimately, it will be this that will be the main determinant in who goes and who doesn't.

200 quid is a lot of money no matter which way you wanna garnish or justify it, but we have a real problem over here in getting players to attend a free clinic, the like of which Twizz and others have offered up and yet they still can't get enough to go.

Nah, this ain't ain't no problem with Ollie, or Markie or anybody else for that matter involved in this enterprise but has everything to do with us...

The 200 quid price tag just compounds the problem, that's all.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
As far as I can see, it doesn't matter what the hell Ollie or anybody else makes out of this, what matters is..cost to the customer because ultimately, it will be this that will be the main determinant in who goes and who doesn't.

200 quid is a lot of money no matter which way you wanna garnish or justify it, but we have a real problem over here in getting players to attend a free clinic, the like of which Twizz and others have offered up and yet they still can't get enough to go.

Nah, this ain't ain't no problem with Ollie, or Markie or anybody else for that matter involved in this enterprise but has everything to do with us...

The 200 quid price tag just compounds the problem, that's all.
The very same people who wont travel to a free clinic, not least a "paid for" clinic are those which mostly frequent the classifieds in search of that must have goggle part / barrel / headband. We all know that looking good makes you play better right?

Status
Not open for further replies.