Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Olympic recognition.

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
Because Paintball is not recognised by any sporting body in the world? (Except maybe Portugal).
And its narrow minds like that which make it even less likely for it to succeed.

Hell first line of google search.

Sport is an activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively

Last time I checked paintball fell into that definition.

Paintball_Mad

Element
Apr 29, 2007
Dorset
And its narrow minds like that which make it even less likely for it to succeed.

Hell first line of google search.

Sport is an activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively
Last time I checked paintball fell into that definition.
Sport also has to have a set rule book set out by a governing body. Which there isn't.

over 100 countries play the sport, its more the fact that its countries shooting at each other and the politics behind the Olympics thats why paintball will never be in the olympics
But pretty much none or in fact none of those countries recognize it as an 'official' sport, so it doesn't really count. Saying that another sport that would be consider small by people outside of it, is something like handball. Which is played in over 150 countries.

Tim

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
yeah but the level of play that most users on here are involved with is comparable to a pub league in football which is populated by chain smoking binge drinking hairy blokes.

If want to see an athlete look in the pro bracket.
Not just most players here, but most players worldwide. Tourney players are quick to forget how much of a minority they actually are in worlwide paintball.

I don't dispute the pro ballers athletic abilities. Next question, why should it be tourney paintball in the olympics, when it obviously represents a tiny percentage of paintballers worldwide?