Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Olympics

Swixk

Feb 6, 2014
Its coming up to the winter olympics and got me thinking why isnt paintball an olympic sport. The speedball/airball side of paintball pits two teams against each other and is down to precision skill and execution these are all key atributes of any olympic athlete so why keep such a team fueled game out of the biggest event in the world?!?!

connor96

Jul 26, 2013
northampton
I think it could be due to not many people my knowing this side of paintball to everyone else it's just something you can do for a birthday or stag do. Being recognised as a sport will help but I doubt we will ever see it in the Olympics

jacktheman2

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2007
London
www.shutterimages.co.uk
Correct me if i am wrong ( About to eat my words).

To be eligible for the olympics board to even consider something, you have to have one govening body for that sport.

I think thats the major issue people will always come back too.

This exact subject has been covered many times on this board. I will try and link some threads in the morning.

I am sure someone els will beat me too it.

Also something kind of cool but off topic.

On Paintball Real Talk w/ Joey Blute | Ep. 3
(click above link to see video)

He is asked:
"Do you think that paintball could make into any major sports events such as the X-GAMES"

Last edited:

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Search the forum.

Paintball - even speedball - does not meet the criteria of sport England, let alone be a contender for the Olympics
If you have any interest in this then join the ukpsf. Without enough current members the 'sport' will never exist

Reactions: H

crumbla146

Sep 17, 2012
farnham
i like watching the luge, and the snowboarding!

Not enough people outside paintball give a ****, or have any real understanding as to the format and the way it works, it took me as a player about 6 months to figure it out myself.

ukpsf is player insurance, with the added bonus of supporting the only governing body we have in the uk.

I have never understood the criteria for becoming a sport, it doesn't automatically entitle the industry to any money, maybe there will be tax allowances or something....?

Last edited:

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
ukpsf is player insurance, with the added bonus of supporting the only governing body we have in the uk.
I would phrase that the other way around.
Unless the premium price has changed the standard UKPSF player membership fee either fully goes to the insurance premium, or virtually all goes to the premium, but I would not say to join the UKSF for insurance alone, look into other personal injury insurance if that is what is important to you

I have never understood the criteria for becoming a sport, it doesn't automatically entitle the industry to any money, maybe there will be tax allowances or something....?
Funds are a bit of a red herring, unless you are a university paintball club, or one of the couple of clubs running things to provide access to the disabled etc then the prospects of any 'sports' funding are pretty low. Why should Sport England, The Lottery Fund, or on a very slim basis Goverenment funding go to sites that are commercial leisure sites, and teams / clubs.
(Its like the pipe dreams of full sponsorship or televised paintball)
Money could possibly go to sites to add facilities, to clubs for possibly but for 'club' items rather then players gear
There are sites available across most of the UK, so its less likely to be a priority for fund givers to fund sites in place or to establish a site.

Someone would have to read the criteria of funds and make an application

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
I went over the criteria in 2012 with Steve Bull of the UKPSF.

Step 1 is to show we have a governing body - which we have in the UKPSF,

Step 2 is for the UKPSF to show that it has 1800 members - so get yourselves signed up, it's only a fiver!

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
To be Honest, I have no idea how Paintball would even work as an Olympic Sport other than TDM, everyone has same markers, paint and Equipment, it would also be very hard for Spectators to view without the use of Helicopters, otherwise it'd just be blurred camera shots, without the promise of ticket sales it would never see the light of day, then you have to get every spectator to either buy goggles or provide them with a truly safe environment and not need goggles.

Sorry to be a kill joy but Paintball is nothing but an Expensive ( But worth it ) Hobby, I also think you'll struggle to find the funding to assesmble full time funding and proper sponsors, currently it's only manufacturers providing a small discount and printed jerseys, I can't see a paintballer being on a Rolex or Marlboro advert ( puffing through his / hers I4's )