Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

On/Off Valve on c02 tanks?

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
I'm sure this topic has already been covered at some point but what does having an off/off valve for a c02 tank do? I want to do some target practice in my backyard and will need to keep tanks full for a day or two after filling but I've heard that c02 leaks from tanks and I was wondering if having an on/off valve maybe stopped this? If not what does it do?

Thanks for your help.

Manning26

It predominantly saves your o-rings on the bottle. You can shut the bottle off, shoot the pressure out of you gun, and screw the tank off without CO2 going everywhere, and freezing your o-ring. That's what I put mine on for when I used to use CO2.

As far as keeping the gas from leaking out, I've never heard of that being an issue before, but my old 20oz. tank still has juice, and it's probably been in there for atleast five years.

The on/off valve will surely pay for itself in o-rings saved, and, I suppose, CO2 savings, so what are you waiting for?...Run, go and get one!

p8ntboy87

God First
Nov 22, 2001
FLYIN OVER YOUR BUNKER
Visit site
on/off valve

I read that an on/off valve is used when putting your co2 bottle on the gun and taking it off the gun, Ok, when you gas up your gun you reach a point when you have to turn the bottle faster cause air starts coming out of the bottle!! so, i think the valve helps when doing this, you turn the valve off, put tank on gun, then turn valve on, so you don't lose air when putting the tank on!!!, Now someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i think that's what it's for!!!

The adrenaline, the rush, the excitement, the game!!! :D

Emerson

no longer a newbie
Nov 10, 2001
Indiana, USA
Ah...this is good...I see now...thanks for your help.

Hey, Man, (hmm...that's not a good way to shorten your name, oh well.) just noticed that you are now the vice-president of the 400 post club! Keep this up and you may catch Buddha3 who's old, famous and from cloud nine...