Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

one on one tactics in the woods

uno

Nov 27, 2001
Texas
Visit site
me and my friends play a lot of woods ball in the area around where we live. and i have developed several strategies that can help in a one on one woods game or even a two on two or two on one game in the woods.
first it helps to know a little about the person or people you are playing against. each person has their own habits and play styles. knowing them makes things much easier. predictability is hard to come by in the woods.
second think of it similar to how a hunter thinks of hunting an animal. deer for example are very alert creatures and require a certain degree of skill to hunt. people are also alert and that can be turned to your advantage.
third most people dont play lots of woods games so they will not be used to the style of a woods game. moving around is generally a bad thing. move slow and low. take your time. they will most likely get tired of waiting and start moving around a lot. and camo doesnt work as well when your running through the woods. most bushes and trees that ive ever seen dont run.
one on one in the woods is a whole other world. try it out sometime.

rancid

Mother, is that you?
Hi uno,

I only have one tactic. Chuck as much paint as I can. I find

a) it makes up for my inadequacies &
b) it looks good from the sidelines...

the key is to keep shoutin: 'you're outa there buddy' 'check it' 'check it' ''you ******* Mutha***** ' 'ref he's wiping, he's ******in wiping' ' get im out get im out you ******* Mutha *****'... ....do you get my drift?

Is that still allowed these days?

Zanester

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
My favorit Woods Tactics

:D The number one rule is to stay spread out. There is a natural tendency, especially for newbies to bunch up. Groups of 2 or more make a lot more noise, are easier to see, and make a better target than one person by himself. I like to run 3 or 4 people along the same path spaced out so that they can just see one another, the further apart the better. The people in the front and back need to be the best. Hopefully the person in the front spots the other team first. staying spaced allows you better angles of fire. The trick is that once the fighting starts the guy in the back swings around and comes in from the back of the other team. I nice flanking move. The quicker and qieter you can move in the woods the better this will work.
:cool: If you are a loner and you have the guts to try it, I know some players that like to move quickly off the break well into the other teams side and just let the other team slip by them. Then they either follow the other team from a safe distance (so they won't be seen) or they just listen for the eventual eruption when the teams come together. Any firing from behind you means that the other team has their backs to you.
Once the other other theam is distracted with taking the bunkers in front of them you can easily slip on up behind them and eliminate them. :p :p

Mysteriousmoose

The moose you never see
Jan 18, 2002
Tallahassee Florida
Visit site
The best thing i know to do in the woods is an attack retreat type.
What you do is find a bunker or cover somewhere that is very accessible. Next you need to locate the enemy. Hopefully he will be out of range. Dump about 30 or so shots at him and then yell to yourself DAMN! and start running back as fast as you can... If the trick worked the other guy will come running your way assuming your out of paint. As soon as you can get into your good shooting spot, right around corners or around tree lines is the best place. If all goes right he will come screaming around the corner looking for you and then get 5 balls in his back. This has always worked for me as long as you keep yelling cusswords as you run.

BigRed1883

Jan 21, 2002
New York
Visit site
Building on what moose just said.....

If you see someone (a few people) advancing at you, have a buddy stay back or to the side a very little bit. This buddy (hopefully wearing camo) gets down and hides well !!!! Then as the guys approach take aim and from a good distance take one out (use two or three shots, and yes you gotta aim fer that). Then when the SH@# hits the fan and your targets are jumping like bunnies for cover, run like he11 !!! Take up position a little back and as your targets come blindly hurdeling forward, your buddy takes from the rear and you come up from the front. This technique works and allows the two of you to take out a good amount of people (if they are clumping of course)

BigRed1883

Jan 21, 2002
New York
Visit site
Yea and i know the topic is ONE on ONE and all, but knowing how to take out a few more cant hurt. By the way if it is one on one and your oppenent doesnt spot you. Just take up a good shooting spot, hide, and when he/she is close take em out with a few well aimed shots. I think it is way more immpressive to take out an opponent with 2 shots than to get in a big firefight and blow $20 in paint. And besides the scare they get when the nearby clump of trees tags them is priceless :p

Zanester

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
First Look First Kill

I agree with Big Red. :) The most important thing is to see them first. That is why I preach stay as far apart as possible without loosing contact when traveling in groups in the woods. Two or three people traveling bunched up will be spotted long before one person, or even 2 or 3 well spread out and moveing cautiously. If the other team knows what they are doing the team that is spotted first will loose 1 or 2 players before they can get a shot off.

Comming off the break very fast to get about 1/2 way to the other base before the other team is around is also very important. This will put you to be in the middle of the field first where you can take your time to move slowly and look and listen for the other team moveing up.

Once you spot them first, if they are faceing you don't move or they will see you to. If they are walking directly at you stay motionless until you can't miss. If they are not walking directly at you wait until you are not in their field of vision then quietly move up behind them and blast them. That is why I like to have someone follow me just within site, when they slip in behind me they get blasted by my friend that they didn't see.

Also, when you have spotted them first only move when they do, because in the woods, with your attention on them, you are bound to make some noise and unless they are moveing as well they will hear you.

Zanester