The Home Of European Paintball

Online Paintball Guide from a Parent for Parents

gmore70

Dad is on the field. Deal with it.
Jan 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC, Canada
socialpaintball.com
Hi Guys,

I'm a 42 year old father that loves to play paintball with his son. I am constantly asked strange and wonderful questions from other parents about paintball and their children. So I created this online guide-blog thingy (dont know what to really call it), in the hopes we can get more kids playing.

Do let me know if it helps or if you want to help make it better. Thanks!

To be 100% clear, this is NOT!!!! a money make operation for me. According to my wife, I need to stop spending my time on it, but hey, I want to give back to the sport.

http://www.parentpaintball.com

MorphMann

Fb UK Big Games
Jun 5, 2012
Kettering, Northants
I just looked through it all and IMO it's all good. :)

Maybe having a printable sheet for parents could help. Something along the lines of letting the parents sit away from the computer discussing between them and with there child.

An option would be to have a bit where parents and child have to sign to say they understand it all. Then each get a copy. That way they all are backed.

I first played back in early 90's bud, and now have the pleasure of my (nearly 14 year old) daughter joining the team I'm in. We also now have some other youngster's (16+) joining up.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Hi Guys,

I'm a 42 year old father that loves to play paintball with his son. I am constantly asked strange and wonderful questions from other parents about paintball and their children. So I created this online guide-blog thingy (dont know what to really call it), in the hopes we can get more kids playing.

Do let me know if it helps or if you want to help make it better. Thanks!

To be 100% clear, this is NOT!!!! a money make operation for me. According to my wife, I need to stop spending my time on it, but hey, I want to give back to the sport.

http://www.parentpaintball.com
No problem posting that here at all mate! Very good content, moderator approved thread!

So good in fact, ima sticky it for you :)

Feel free to create threads, post individual videos (for comment on the topic) etc. To test on our members, or whatever you want it for. This is everyones forum, and imo any help to new players is a great thing! After all, they are the future!

gmore70

Dad is on the field. Deal with it.
Jan 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC, Canada
socialpaintball.com
No problem posting that here at all mate! Very good content, moderator approved thread!

So good in fact, ima sticky it for you :)

Feel free to create threads, post individual videos (for comment on the topic) etc. To test on our members, or whatever you want it for. This is everyones forum, and imo any help to new players is a great thing! After all, they are the future!
Wow! Thanks so much.

baudsenseless

PMGWC #3
May 27, 2010
I'm not a parent, and long past the point of even living with my parents! but I had a read and think what you have done is good!
I can remember when my parents first saw my first purchased paintball marker and seemed to think I had purchased the destroyer of worlds, and this was'nt even a marker that was as gun looking as the milsim varients of today.

Chris kitson

Banned
Jul 13, 2013
Just if any parents do read this, Im 14 and I was 0% backed to starting paintball, My parents said I was an idiot for wanting to spend all my money on a paintball gun (even if it's not the best!) but after argument after argument, I was lucky enough to get one, half a year later my mom thinks It's great what I do and the fact we've got a team together and do something together, it takes time and proof to get into the sport backed by parents, It takes a fair amount of trust!

classichunter

Team Proteus Founder
Apr 3, 2013
Manchester
Not new to paintball but new to fatherhood, I honestly can't wait to take my 3 year old on his first game, a little way off yet but getting kids into our sport is he only way it will survive. Teach respect, control and team work all great qualities to have in life

Reactions: MorphMann

Tippertapp

Oct 20, 2013
Wish I had shown my parents this when I was 14 :*(
Good job though man, always good to give back, especially if it helps grow the sport