Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Open frame double trigger question?

KeenDean

I.O.G. supporting member.
Aug 13, 2007
West Yorkshire
I seem to vaguely remember that back in the day of mechanical semi dominance of cockers versus automags, a common modification was cutting away the single trigger guard and fitting a double trigger.

I think that various events/tournament organisers banned such modifications.

Was this correct, and if it was, is such a modification still likely to land me in the sin bin if I was to attend an event with a marker fitted/machined with just such a modification...?

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Correct and correct but no idea about current rules and regs...

johnmassive

Spitfire Factory
Sep 5, 2004
Ion Noob
It was all about safety as a guard would help stop accidentally pressing the trigger. Applying the rule of common sense I would say its still banned.

KeenDean

Aug 13, 2007
West Yorkshire
Thanks guys.

Like you phil-boy, the marker/project I have in mind would only see the light of day at scenario/big game events...

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
There were plenty of double trigger frames made though. May be able to get one cheap on ebay.

Reactions: Gee Tee

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Wpbo current rules (6.2.3):
The marker must have a trigger guard that is unaltered from the manufacturers original trigger frame. The trigger guard must protect the trigger of the marker

non wpbo related tournaments, and other events such as walkons, scenarios etc it's up to the organiser

On a safety point of view, I wouldn't be happy with missing trigger guards on events run by me

KeenDean

Aug 13, 2007
West Yorkshire
That about sums it up... Cheers.
Wpbo current rules (6.2.3):
The marker must have a trigger guard that is unaltered from the manufacturers original trigger frame. The trigger guard must protect the trigger of the marker

non wpbo related tournaments, and other events such as walkons, scenarios etc it's up to the organiser

On a safety point of view, I wouldn't be happy with missing trigger guards on events run by me

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Could replace it with one like the VM68?

I actually replaced a trigger guard on one of my pumps, which used a cut Autococker frame so it was single a slide trigger again