The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthro

LEGO 4 Life
Dec 30, 2005
Bristol
Robbo, the statement won't condemn timothy as it was written by tim himself. If Ian wants to message me and say I'm wrong then I'll rescind the statement... But I'm 100% certain that won't happen.
It seems to be in his writing style. Also from the replys on that thread this one sticks out...

The words "This year was our year for best game too"

Kind of proves (as we know) it is always a done deal of who wins to me.

image.jpg

Frenshy

Sep 19, 2003
warpedsports.com
Pete you have met Cambo. Hes the guy in blue camo who was your 2ic at northVsouth 007 mate.

Cambo I feel your pain. I know you were involved initially for the right reasons. However this backlash which has led to the cancelling of the awards should be no surprise to you - I personally had a discussion with you years ago expressing my concerns about the integrity and independence of the awards, when you assured me that the database was protected from all commercial interests ! - which has subsequently proved not to be the case !

It was clear to us here at Warped (and I suspect to other event organisers) from VERY early on that the awards were being used as a blatant database grab. Whether Cambo was complicit or not is of interest to me but not something I will lose any sleep over. Im pretty sure hes not malicious or deliberately underhand, merely another duped victim !

Should there be an end of year awards/bash? why not? should the players be able to vote independently for their favourite game/team/player etc hell yeah!. But I wasn't born yesterday and I'm not going to encourage the customers we work hard and long to serve to just pass their email address onto someone under the guise of voting for our event !

I dont post here often so while Im here I would just like to mention the UKPSF. There are a lot of old misconceptions about the UKPSF. Today its actually the most active behind the scenes its ever been. I am not personally involved but I know it has many smart and experienced guys involved. From what I can tell they are looking at all of the major issues affecting and likely to affect our game in the future, and Im sure we will see the benefit of their work in due course. It would be great to see them take on an awards night and more but I think they really are trying to deal with some fundamental issues which need sorting first. There is a UKPSF facebook page and a website which will tell you who is involved and Im sure they would be happy to answer any questions.

cambo

Jan 9, 2008
Hi All,

Wow… this thread is at 149 pages!!!

So i haven't read all of it.… just the last 5-6 or so, where my actions have caused a few questions. Thought i’d address some of them.

Lee (and a couple of others) - The statement on the awards Facebook page was written by me… no input from others.. It was my choice to not continue, so it was my responsibility to write an announcement. Lee, I've known you almost as long as I've been playing, we’ve played with each other, against each other got drunk together, and as far as i’m aware never had any “beef” with each other… I still don't have “beef” with you, and hope that we won’t, as I always found you an enjoyable person to be around, and we could hold intelligent conversations about a wide variety of subjects not just Paintball (indeed we held a strange connection to the lift industry), but it was I that wrote the statement and not TB, so please feel free rescind your accusation, as you said you would. Sorry it wasn’t in a PM, but thought i’d address a few things.

Pete - You asked me if i thought TB was a trustworthy individual…. All I can say on this is that TB has not ever given me personal cause or done anything to me personally, to make me think that I can’t trust him personally. I’ve known TB since before he was in business in the sport, and was a player. If TB left the sport next week I believe we would remain friends, and keep in contact with him. Am i foolish in my thought process on this??… time will tell I’m sure.

I’m aware of some the other allegations against him by others, but its not my place to comment on these as i’m not aware of the full facts (only the limited stuff i have read about on the internet). So no, I didn't mention the ongoing drama’s that TB attracts.. mainly because i feel it’s not my place to mention these things that I don’t have much knowledge of.

My decision had nothing to do with ticket sales. It didn’t, thats it. I’m afraid you'll have to take my word on that.

As I stated on the main statement, I still believe the awards has a place as its been my baby for 10 years. How does it look in the future? How will it work? Will someone ask me to be involved again, with a different model? Who knows?

I don’t regally check on this forum, and probably won't look at any replies for a few days, so don’t take my silence as arrogance or defending anyone, endorsement or acknowledgement….. it’s purely because I’ll be busy with work, life & family.

Ian "Cambo" Richardson

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Hi All,

Wow… this thread is at 149 pages!!!

So i haven't read all of it.… just the last 5-6 or so, where my actions have caused a few questions. Thought i’d address some of them.

Lee (and a couple of others) - The statement on the awards Facebook page was written by me… no input from others.. It was my choice to not continue, so it was my responsibility to write an announcement. Lee, I've known you almost as long as I've been playing, we’ve played with each other, against each other got drunk together, and as far as i’m aware never had any “beef” with each other… I still don't have “beef” with you, and hope that we won’t, as I always found you an enjoyable person to be around, and we could hold intelligent conversations about a wide variety of subjects not just Paintball (indeed we held a strange connection to the lift industry), but it was I that wrote the statement and not TB, so please feel free rescind your accusation, as you said you would. Sorry it wasn’t in a PM, but thought i’d address a few things.

Pete - You asked me if i thought TB was a trustworthy individual…. All I can say on this is that TB has not ever given me personal cause or done anything to me personally, to make me think that I can’t trust him personally. I’ve known TB since before he was in business in the sport, and was a player. If TB left the sport next week I believe we would remain friends, and keep in contact with him. Am i foolish in my thought process on this??… time will tell I’m sure.

I’m aware of some the other allegations against him by others, but its not my place to comment on these as i’m not aware of the full facts (only the limited stuff i have read about on the internet). So no, I didn't mention the ongoing drama’s that TB attracts.. mainly because i feel it’s not my place to mention these things that I don’t have much knowledge of.

My decision had nothing to do with ticket sales. It didn’t, thats it. I’m afraid you'll have to take my word on that.

As I stated on the main statement, I still believe the awards has a place as its been my baby for 10 years. How does it look in the future? How will it work? Will someone ask me to be involved again, with a different model? Who knows?

I don’t regally check on this forum, and probably won't look at any replies for a few days, so don’t take my silence as arrogance or defending anyone, endorsement or acknowledgement….. it’s purely because I’ll be busy with work, life & family.

Ian "Cambo" Richardson
cheers for replying @cambo

Reactions: cambo

WarFighters

Aug 1, 2013
So Cambo has decided to drop the awards?

By his own decision, at his own will?

Yet we are blamed for this?

Why?

Because we made a stand and typed on our keyboards about Tim Barnett?

Because we made comments about shoreline using the awards database to leverage advertising and business promotion from?

Because we stand outside of the shoreline circle?

Maybe our motivation was due to us being the real causalities of Tim Barnett's dishonest and underhanded dealings.

Am I'm missing something here? Are we to truly believe that this nefarious typing is tangible evidence that keyboard warriors have so much power over the paintball community, over the awards, over the mighty Shoreline?

Seriously, any intelligent person can see through the smoke screen. Those who side with Barnett cannot help it because they are more than likely below average intelligence. His supporters are proven sheep. Sheep that he feeds off.

Winey Barnett has the nerve to drip over the awards page with his vile and twisted perception of what is occurring. He uses the Awards facebook page as his own personal soapbox where he can snipe to a wider audience to gain a reaction, to gain attention. One of the problems when you buy thousands of false Likes on Facebook is that your real audience is reduced. That's why he uses other pages and groups, be it Bullys surprise party page, or paintballers personal profiles.

Meglomaina is one thing, but Barnett displays 100% A grade NPD, narcissistic personality disorder. (Yes I did a police profiler course).

He is in my opinion a social vampire. As with Grade A's they are not completely aware of the disorder. The self importance and feeding off others is only the surface, they also are masters of psychological manipulation. He can assassinate peoples characters with fabrications of they don't even ball, they are ruining your life, they live in dingy bedsits, they are lowlifes and so on. Paul Banks, Simon Cole, Gino, are they low lifes? Are they wanking into theirs socks each night with excitement? That Thatcher character, you know the one with all those expensive tanks and the mansion house, that guy who sold his business for a few million quid, he doesn't even ball right, despite the fact that he owns a f@ckin paintball field. Its all designed to fool the fools.

You see the real facts are unimportant when he slags us off, he knows that not one of his idiots will do any form of investigation. Dim is hell bent on destruction, exercising the self appointed right to torture others akin to a evil child pulling the legs off spiders.

His profile is one of the worst, he will engage with you, make you feel special, show you a great time, make you feel like you are a friend. Then the NPD kicks in and he will slowly undermine you, turn others against you, until finally he destroys you. We really don't have to even engage our keyboards as he is a ticking time bomb of self destruction, its in his blood, he can't help himself. At some point when he has nothing, after he has burnt every bridge he will have to move on to a new community, a fresh bunch of idiots to prey upon. Airsoft, Tuff Mudder, Zombies, who knows.

Yet when something goes wrong timboy immediately seeks to blame others, after all how could one so perfect ever be wrong? Tim displays this in his rant, he seeks to belittle his self created tormentors, he plays the victim, he seeks sympathy for those who are caught in the cross fire of the alleged hate campaign. Poor Cambo, poor suzy, poor me and so on. He calls upon others to re-enforce his ego, and squash his insecurities, to re establish his delusional world, that he, the king of paintball has created. The shoreline bubble.

The crux of this thread is that the so called keyboard warriors have in fact done the one thing a narcissist cant stand, they all got together and exposed the common denominator. Tim Barnett

That exceeds his control, it exposes that not everyone can be written off now with his made up tales.

As to Cambo, you have 149 pages to catch up on before you can make an educated statement. You are in no way neutral to this debacle until you have consumed all the posts. How dare you allow him to rant and slander us on your social network, how dare you allow us to be used as blame agents for your own failings. I have zero respect for you as in my eyes you are displaying cowardice. My recommendation is that you make it VERY clear to your award community that you pulled the plug, you dropped wembley just months before the gig, that you are responsible for the people that have made arrangements, booked hotels. If you wanted to step down then why hasn't super Tim and super suzy taken over the show, after all Tim is a prime time TV presenter. And lets face it, anyone could compare that terrible powerpoint driven event. I would suspect the reason is money, or rather the lack of it. With Shoreline Events dead in the water and with no industry support who would want to attend that event other than easily manipulated twats and Shoreline whores.

Cambo & Barnetts, get a life and stand accountable for your own mistakes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.