Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I've heard this latest event has less than a hundred players in attendance, if true, it's a far cry from what barnett would need or expect and so can we get this verified from any trusted source on site please?

Anything under a hundred will inflict a grevious financial wound that may prove irrevocable not least because everyday expenses will erode into any cash sums earmarked for financing future events.
Normally, credit lines can provide the financial support needed to get you over any hump but the last thing any paintball wholesaler is gonna do is extend credit to barnett.
At this point, sables slithers from the sidelines but how much longer can he continue to bankroll his butt-buddy?

Reactions: Lee Wickham

kudosbudo

Dec 2, 2010
Yorkshire
Limited paint game.. use 50 round hoppers we'll even give you them... videos on FB page feature folk using electric hoppers..... Shoreline... don't do limited paint, you 've really missed the point of a limited paint game.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Dex, do you think the cap was invoked because barnett knew response was going to be low or was there a cap put in place by the owners/managers of the prison?
If barnett said the cap was invoked by the prison stewards, how do we know this is true ???
I think most of us have gotten so used to barnett's tenuous grasp on the truth that we can't now trust one damn thing that comes out of his mouth.

Pillage and Plunder
Jun 14, 2011
Bognor Regis
i would have thought limited paint was implemented by a few reasons, less mess to clear up, also he knows exactly how much its costing on paint with no wastage as in left over boxes he's then stuck with, and with his supply lines drying up he cant lay his hands on a lot of paint so would be limited in that way also

rewind

Shiny!
Aug 28, 2008
Kent
It was advertised as ltd bumbers and ltd paint. Designed to be more or a magfed/ low ammo game in close quarters, emmulating a prison riot or something like that.
The low paint quants and that I have no issue with. Played it before after playing tourny and whilst you have to get used to it, its not an issue. I honestly beleive it wasnt due to any external factora and that was the whole point of the game format in the begining.
It was meant to be something like 25-50 per faction. So max of 200 players. I dont know how many are on the inside though.
It was also meant to be a 'lock in' but players have gone out to get eats in the evening.
Rw. The 50 rnd hoppers. Shoreline originally said they would give them out as part od the package. Then re worded to be supplying them. Then it was re worded to a loan. Players may well still prefer to play with their leccy loaders though. (But I wouldnt be auprised if the 50 rnds werent distributed.
Clean up is gonna be a b@#$h though. 4man crew to do all that? Inc. Ceilings. Again, the health and safrty of cleaning that ceiling requires towers, restraints and harnesses... not that these will be used. I anticipate hoses and a loong handled brush

Reactions: Dexter

Dexter

old skool!
Nov 3, 2008
Not really sure on the cap, I wanna say 200 but I might be wrong there I'm sure if you look back on the shoreline pages you could probably find the right answer.

As for why there's a cap, probably down to several factors, though I can't see the owner having much input into it. Unless they have much knowledge of how the games are played they probably just left numbers up to shoreline.
The real factors probably came down to:
1) keeping the numbers low so it seems more exclusive meaning people are more likely to hurry to buy tickets fast so they don't miss out. (which leads to incidents like tcuk 2011 where there was a cap of 400 but the system "malfunctioned" and sold 800 tickets)
2)keep the cap low, sell most of the tickets in pre sales to your mates and affiliated teams, they give good reviews (even if it's bad out of loyalty), people see good reviews and think the company puts on good event.
3)the event does seem small and very much cqb oriented, keeping low numbers and limited ammo keep the games moving and reduces the risk of injury and unnecessary cleaning

rewind

Shiny!
Aug 28, 2008
Kent
Looking at the two pics of the red and green team. (Samcro and Mayans i think) show numbers at about 25 a team. (one had 26 the other 20), not sure on the other two teams. I would hazard a gues and say there is probably just over a 100 there.

Karma is a *****

Oct 11, 2015
The thing is looking at the video I only recognize 3 teams that are there and some individuals. The rest I have no clue so goes to show how it's and tb has impacted on majority of teams...

Status
Not open for further replies.