Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Tommy's plane was supposed to have landed by now but his phone is still switched off.
I'll try again in about ten minutes but then my brain shuts down and I see lots of zzzzzzzzzs
Fingers crossed ....

Reactions: gambo47

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Ok, I just got off the phone from Tommy and this is the deal.
A few weeks ago, barnett thought he'd be clever and messaged Tommy with the dates that barnett had arranged.
At the same time barnett posted the dates up over here.

barnett knew damned well he was heading off for the chop after I had posted on here that his services were no longer needed for the UWL.
barnett had figured [in that fuhk'd up mind of his] that if he posted up some dates and advised Tommy of them at the same time, then this would somehow force Tommy's hand into keeping him on.

There was one slight technical flaw in barnett 's thinking, he forgot he was a cxxt and certain people didn't want anything to do with him or to see him continue soiling an otherwise unblemished brand, that being the UWL.
Sometimes in life, if you persistently behave in an antisocial manner then eventually, inevitably, there will be consequences.
The outcome, in terms of barnett being stripped of the UWL, had 3 factors/people coming together that decided barnett' s fate.
Some like to describe it as an old boys network but the reality is, barnett upset the wrong people.

The state of play is this, Tommy is in talks with someone, who in my mind, is 100% trustworthy, professional and well-liked in our industry/sport as well as being hugely respected by everyone who knows him but it's not my position to name him at this stage because Tommy has to finalise a few details that he will endeavour to do tomorrow.

Once again, Tommy restated that barnett is absolutely, definitely, unequivocally NOT having anything to do with Tommy's UWL.

Tommy is gonna text me if or when he finalises the talks at which point Tommy will make a formal announcement as to the identity of barnett 's replacement.

If Tommy can nail this guy to the UWL, it would place this league in safe hands both in terms of Tommy's interests and the benefit of all the players concerned.

I just hope Tommy can persuade him ..... Fingers crossed !!

Zzzzzz zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Anyone want to play a guessing game as to who will be taking over the UWL?

Going off Pete's description, it narrows it down to just one or two people.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I'm betting that will happen with Tom locks in the new person. Something a long the lines of, UWL UK is now being run by so and so, there will be no further dealing with shoreline etc etc, excited to take things in a new direction with a valued member of the local community.

Or some such verbiage. Have to be careful to come off seeming to promote things in a positive new direction and not publicly slam the old promoters, as that can just lead to fodder for frivalous speculation. Even with Tom being beyond reproach, Captain Silly shorts would find a way to try and drag up some mud.

Reactions: Biscuit and gambo47

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Swollenballz - Tommy is scouting out venues for the 2016 NXL league.
He's flying here, there and everywhere across the US as he tries to tie down the last two venues.

Tommy has to prioritise what he's doing and when, and so he knows full well I've told you guys that barnett is finished with the UWL and so maybe he's thinking that he doesn't yet have to formally announce barnett's departure.
He may well be thinking that he'll make a formal announcement when he's finalised the replacement.
I don't know for sure that this is the case and I don't wish to put words in his mouth.
And so I will double-check when I next speak to him which might be tonight.
In the meantime, I'm gonna email the person who Tommy is talking to and try to persuade him it would be a great fit for him and our ballers.
I dunno if it will make any difference but I just hope he takes the reins, he's perfect for the job.
If Tommy can't persuade him then I'm gonna be helping Tommy out in the sense of coming up with viable alternatives but that's jumping the gun.
Let's just hope Mr X picks up the UWL gauntlet.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Anyone want to play a guessing game as to who will be taking over the UWL?

Going off Pete's description, it narrows it down to just one or two people.
Hmmmnnn .... well I can discount one of the guys you may be thinking of by saying, he's got far too many other things that take up his time and he's not a natural fit whereas the one Tommy is talking to, well, he fits like a glove.

Status
Not open for further replies.