Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Morning people - I just checked my inbox to read another guess at the identity of the mysterious 'Man in the Frame' ...

Any guesses have to be backed up by being qualified by explaining the relevance of the three number ranges.
I'm afraid it's no good just throwing names at me because none of them will stick unless you've told me what the numbers relate to ...

The guy who sent in his guess today was given an extra clue and so I'll do the same for you guys in this thread ... the letters [z,m,v,e,t,n,h] relate to units, two of the letters are m & n which I've cleverly disguised by separating them and reversing their normal order [/joke] such that as a unit, they are 'nm' and relate to a physical characteristic, in this instance, it relates to a distance, nanometers, to be precise.

This means that the other five letters [h,v,e,z,t] also describe units, two other units to be precise ...... one unit has three letters and the other has two, obviously - One of these units uses the following three letters, h, z and t ..... rearrange those into a unit and you should then nail all three units ..... once you have those, it should lead to a general guess but maybe nonspecific in the sense, you don't really have to precisely identify what the three units relate to, you'll understand what I mean when you've figured out what those numbers describe.

Good luck peoples, have fun !!!!

Reactions: Spikerz and Panthro

SwollenBallz

Aug 12, 2015
Morning people - I just checked my inbox to read another guess at the identity of the mysterious 'Man in the Frame' ...

Any guesses have to be backed up by being qualified by explaining the relevance of the three number ranges.
I'm afraid it's no good just throwing names at me because none of them will stick unless you've told me what the numbers relate to ...

The guy who sent in his guess today was given an extra clue and so I'll do the same for you guys in this thread ... the letters [z,m,v,e,t,n,h] relate to units, two of the letters are m & n which I've cleverly disguised by separating them and reversing their normal order [/joke] such that as a unit, they are 'nm' and relate to a physical characteristic, in this instance, it relates to a distance, nanometers, to be precise.

This means that the other five letters [h,v,e,z,t] also describe units, two other units to be precise ...... one unit has three letters and the other has two, obviously - One of these units uses the following three letters, h, z and t ..... rearrange those into a unit and you should then nail all three units ..... once you have those, it should lead to a general guess but maybe nonspecific in the sense, you don't really have to precisely identify what the three units relate to, you'll understand what I mean when you've figured out what those numbers describe.

You've never worked at Bletchley Park by an chance, have you?

Reactions: Panthro

Eck011

Feb 18, 2011
Falkirk

Going by those clues and letters i am sure i have them before the downside was i was getting my eyes tested at the time or it was someone i worked with thats was polish ..lol

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Well, you guys can't criticise me for making it easy but it was never meant to be easy as I'm sure you now realise :)

And so, time for another, meatier clue for you to chew over before that 'Eureka' cry screams out across the internet ..........

You already know the three pairs of numbers relate to something specific ... they're all different numbers [different ranges] and yet they all represent the same thing .. which tends to imply there are three different assignments ....

Think of this ......here are three numbers ..... 32 .... 0 ... and minus 273 ......

you will see that there are three different numbers and they all represent a class characteristic which is, temperature of course.

The three numbers are all temperatures but they are different scales, Centigrade, Fahrenheit and Kelvin .... and so once we know that, we can work out what those differing temperatures relate to and it is of course, the freezing point of water [at the pressure of one atmosphere, just in case some smarty-ass tries to catch me out :)] ... and so, if I had a list of candidates, whose names were Smith, Jones, Taylor and Ice-Cube .... I think you can maybe guess which one it is ... but once you knew the general class [temperature] you didn't have to work out the actual temperature [freezing point of water] to guess that it would be Mr Ice-Cube ....

And this is a direct simile to the question I've posted up .... I hope this helps but if you think you've got it, don't post it up in this thread, message me, qualify how you arrived at your guess and if you do that, I'll announce to everyone that you are P8ntballer.com's smarty-ass baller of the year... and of course, winner of the fifty quid to the NSPCC, now that is an honour for ya ...

Have fun guys ....

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
You had me worried for a moment there but thankfully you redeemed yourself in time.
As to the mathematic conundrum that confounds you?

I really can't believe @Bolter and @Rebel Tackleberry are remaining so quiet but either they've exploded in a cloud of neurones or they've been kidnapped by aliens.
Either is an acceptable lexcuse for not solving it .... This means I have to come up with yet another clue in an effort to provoke an answer.
Let's just say the mystery man is a colourful character ..... No answers will be accepted unless qualified by an explanation that involves correctly identifying the relationship between the number pairs with the person in question.. I'm pretty sure some will realise who I'm referring to but the link still has to be made.
Right, I've got 8 of the guys I coach from my boxing club coming round tonight to see the fight and so you won't be hearing from me till tomorrow.
Should be a good fight !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.