The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1G G

Jan 16, 2011
Hastings East Sussex
Ha ha ha
Leave it to others to put games and events on for small numbers (Mayhem had its best turn out yet this year )

Only reason you have a massive data base of emails etc is because it's a night mare to unsubscribe !!

Airsoft are fully aware of Tim after you made a very good friend of mine look a complete tool over the Croatia game

I asked you to help him build his new shop/site etc and all you did was use him like you do everyone

You was warned by airsofters then and they although have smaller balls they do have long memory's

I know you got your bitches watching this and other posts
Good
you ran some good game s then just got greedy ,power hungry
Well how the mighty have fallen

Hopefully you will never darken paintballs door again

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I will say this much about barnett - the guy knew how to market the game; of that, I'm 100% sure - he could have so easily been a positive contributor to our sport and industry but maybe sociopaths like him have a dark side, and when you throw his ego into the mix, along with all his BS, threats and sheer nastiness, I think we did the right thing no matter how good his marketing prowess.
I have a few friends in Airsoft, one of them who owns an Airsoft media outlet; I'll mark his card re barnett.

In fact, I've just got off the phone from him ........
After the first few formalities of a telephone conversation I told him the reason I was calling was to warn him about someone ..... no sooner had I said that and he blurted out the name 'tim barnett' - Oh my, it seems that barnett has already been peddling his unique brand of BS to people in Airsoft ... when he approached my pal, he immediately smelled a rat and declined an offer of involvement in barnett's new Airsoft venture.

And seeing as my pal is one of the most influential people in Airsoft, I doubt whether barnett's new enterprise will get off the ground in too much of a hurry.'
As some bright spark once noted, 'Forewarned is forearmed' ....

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Of course you stopped running rental paintball from your site Tim, you'd ****ed over so many suppliers in the paintball industry there was nobody left willing to supply you, probably even your 'friends' had seen what you did to others and finally saw the light!

Of course paintball events are an insignificant part of your business, you ****ed over most of your customer base to the point where there was virtually nobody left who trusted you enough to deliver a playable event.

You are not the paintball messiah you promoted yourself as, you are just a very naughty boy, it still amazes me that nobody walked up to you and put your lights out!

As for any UK trademarks you may own, if any of them had any value at all it was because you robbed them from people who trusted you once-upon-a-time!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
.......... it still amazes me that nobody walked up to you and put your lights out!
Pete, I pondered long and hard on that very subject but with someone like barnett, he may well like to give it the big'un but when it really comes down to it, he's a far cry from what he'd like people to believe.
He's a bully for sure but he only bullies people he knows are relatively weak or ill-resourced ....

As to why he never got ironed out?
As some of you guys may know, I used to work as a bouncer many moons ago and I bore witness to many so-called hard-men. strutting their stuff when full of booze or coke.
They would puff their chest out, threaten this, that and whatever and may even throw a punch or sometimes spit .... when the inevitable happened, the first thing they'd do was to scream for the police when they got up or came around.
So much for the hard man act :rolleyes:

And as for Rocky barnett?

I knew all along that were we to meet, there was no way I could have stopped myself from confronting him especially after he'd reportedly said that 'if we were to ever meet, it would end up being physical'.

In my head was the possibility that if people realised that he and I were at the same event, that if I didn't confront him people might have thought I was wary of him in some way .. and that weren't ever gonna happen.

barnett knew damned well that if it ever did get physical, he wasn't gonna be on the winning side?
How do I know that?
I know it because I've seen a whole slew of barnetts in my time - he likes to think he's a fighter but he's not, he hasn't the heart to be one.
He has no other choice but to be a plastic hard-nut who seeks to impress the weak-minded and gullible.

I made more than one generous offer to meet him 'one on one' but he elected to decline my generous hospitality; he might be a fuhkin lying con-man but he ain't that stupid.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
It seems this thread, or indeed the subject of this thread still attracts an enormous amount of interest - I opened up this thread yesterday afternoon after being closed for a few months - since then, we've had nearly a thousand views which suggests this thread reincarnation will once again draw thousands - A response that all other forums in the UK or Europe would die for.

Hopefully, we can close it again in the next dew days and consign barnett's exploits to the dustbin but I've got a sneaky feeling he's gonna continue doing what he does best - swindling people; however, his notoriety precedes him and the guys in Airsoft are already well aware of what he's up to.

Reactions: B1G G

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Maybe I'm wrong but the way I read his post it sounded like he was blaming the players rather than admiting players had actually voted with their wallets.
I think you'll find that barnett has an almost pathological tendency to blame anyone and everyone apart from himself - in this respect, he's predictably consistent.

The bit I don't fully understand about him is this, he is totally unable to see past his own ego such that when something goes wrong, he always apportions the blame to an outside agency.
The problem with that is, you can only do this so many times before people begin to realise there's a common-denominator lying at the root of all these problems, that common-denominator being barnett himself.
He's either oblivious to his own culpability, or he's in complete denial - either way, he's the architect of his own demise .....
I have to say, if someone were to ask, 'Who ended up destroying barnett'?
The answer has to be, 'barnett' himself - it's a somewhat fitting end, and one where Karma can take centre-stage and take credit for .....

Addendum: 1,363 views in 2 days [At this time] - it seems that barnett's demise is of acute interest to our community, and the reason for this interest has to be that the bad guy finally gets what he deserves..

Status
Not open for further replies.