Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I was sent a message yesterday which detailed some of the events at barnett's recent Staargate promotion - it would seem that things didn't go exactly to plan :/
I cannot vouch 100% for the following but the guy who sent me the message has been accurate in the past and so I've got no real reason to doubt any of what he says.
I'll paraphrase some of what was sent to me:
Allegedly, first thing in the morning at around 8.30 am, 2 teams turned up who were described as sandbaggers, I can't vouch for their standard of play but when the guy who messaged me began to talk to a member of one of these two 'sandbagger' teams, he was told there would be 6 teams in total for the day.
But unfortunately, by 9.30, there were only 5 teams with one of those teams being a 'barnett' put-together at the last minute.

Come 10.00am play began and after one game, allegedly, barnett's put-together team went home .....

And just when barnett needed a bit of good fortune to come his way, his most loyal of butt-buddies, andy 'you can trust me tim' sables pulled out on Friday afternoon proclaiming he 'had a lot on' which apparently left only one trade stand remaining .. I bet the atmosphere was buzzing :/
All in all, a fitting legacy for barnett's swan-song event.

Reactions: Spikerz and Dusty

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
430,728 !!

Nah, it couldn't get to that number surely ??
Only 63,272 to go ........
Let's face it, who'd bet against it knowing the sort of things he gets up to :/

frosty

warped player
Aug 9, 2005
solihull
w
Robbo one slight correction to what you've been told the 2 teams described as sandbaggers, would have the 'The sandbaggers' team the planet factory team I suppose you would call them as apposed to a team of players sandbagging the event, unless im mis reading what your typing and you knew that all along

Reactions: Spikerz

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
feels like the end of an era! well hopefully this can close the door on paintball politics for a while and let the high quality events get the success they deserve.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Oh my, oh my, it seems that justice [of a sort] has finally caught up with barnett though I think he's had more than one of these in the past, a lot more.
Nearly £45 grand ... that's a nice lawsuit to wake up to .... well, for barnett it is !

Hopefully, he will be made bankrupt if the money isn't forthcoming - I doubt if he's got a pot to pis$ in but I think it reasonable to say that even if barnett had the money, he still wouldn't pay, it's his nature to behave that way - he possesses a sociopathic behaviour array and will never change.
I think we've upheld our responsibility to safeguard our sport from people like him and ensure he never darkens our doorstep again. We've also warned the Airsoft guys and told them all about him, they now know exactly what he's all about.
The form below was sent to me last night by the claimant - it's good to see that barnett is being brought to account and even though there's no chance of the money being paid back, it will make things increasingly difficult for barnett in terms of his credit profile and his ability to set up a phoenix company from the ashes of the many he leaves behind in his wake.
One last thing, in the box on the form below where the defendant is named, it says Barnett obviously and two others.... I suppose one is his partner and if it is, I doubt she'll be too pleased about getting dragged into all this - as far as I know, she will also be made bankrupt if the money isn't paid over.
A partner's loyalty only goes so far, and maybe this could be the final straw.
With people like barnett, they tend to leave so many casualties in their wake with some of those being those who are closest to him where their loyalty is now going to cost them dearly.
I don't know how complicit his partner has been in all this and my guess would be she's been aware of some of his dealings, how could she not be but I hope she wasn't instrumental; In a sense, I feel quite sorry for her because in that sort of situation, most female partners just go along with what's happening as against being directly involved. I might be completely wrong about this but I still can't help but feel she's been hung out to dry because of her loyalty to him.

But as to who the other defendant is?
I've got no idea .... I think I'll get in touch with the person who sent me this form to find out.
I'll report back here with any info.

barnettcourtdoc.jpg

Last edited:

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Oh my, oh my, it seems that justice [of a sort] has finally caught up with barnett though I think he's had more than one of these in the past, a lot more.
Nearly £45 grand ... that's a nice lawsuit to wake up to .... well, for barnett it is !

Hopefully, he will be made bankrupt if the money isn't forthcoming - I doubt if he's got a pot to pis$ in but I think it reasonable to say that even if barnett had the money, he still wouldn't pay, it's his nature to behave that way - he possesses a sociopathic behaviour array and will never change.
I think we've upheld our responsibility to safeguard our sport from people like him and ensure he never darkens our doorstep again. We've also warned the Airsoft guys and told them all about him, they now know exactly what he's all about.
The form below was sent to me last night by the claimant - it's good to see that barnett is being brought to account and even though there's no chance of the money being paid back, it will make things increasingly difficult for barnett in terms of his credit profile and his ability to set up a phoenix company from the ashes of the many he leaves behind in his wake.
One last thing, in the box on the form below where the defendant is named, it says Barnett obviously and two others.... I suppose one is his partner and if it is, I doubt she'll be too pleased about getting dragged into all this - as far as I know, she will also be made bankrupt if the money isn't paid over.
A partner's loyalty only goes so far, and maybe this could be the final straw.
With people like barnett, they tend to leave so many casualties in their wake with some of those being those who are closest to him where their loyalty is now going to cost them dearly.
I don't know how complicit his partner has been in all this and my guess would be she's been aware of some of his dealings, how could she not be but I hope she wasn't instrumental; In a sense, I feel quite sorry for her because in that sort of situation, most female partners just go along with what's happening as against being directly involved. I might be completely wrong about this but I still can't help but feel she's been hung out to dry because of her loyalty to him.

But as to who the other defendant is?
I've got no idea .... I think I'll get in touch with the person who sent me this form to find out.
I'll report back here with any info.

View attachment 53265

Top right corner, Claimant - Valken Inc.

Did he really think Gino was going to write off that amount of money????? dimwit barnett..........

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
I doubt that this is the first time he's received a CCJ, and, if memory serves, didn't his pub business dissolve in bankruptcy? I expect Suzie was quite aware of what was going on, was she not the Co. Secretary of the dissolved company that owed Valken the initial debt, not forgetting Simon Cole/Manfield and likley numerous others. Their 'split' being used as a smokescreen for the failure of the company, despite the fact fact they were seen at an event weeks later not only working alongside each other but sharing accommodation! Women can be just as corrupt and duplicitous in business as men, though she may have been following her man's lead and may well actually walk when the burly guys start loading the contents of her dresser in the back of a transit and she can't secure the tenancy of the property she and her kids try to move to as her credit rating is in tatters!

Reactions: Dusty
Status
Not open for further replies.