The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Maybe there's a legit reason.

Maybe it's too 'hard' to do, so he doesn't want to deal with it.

Maybe he's just a twat.

Either way the only ones who lose are the charity folks and the bidders.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
smudgerebt said:
Why would you do that?

He's made the money on selling the ticket, will make money on paint (ish) so given the above, don't get it.
Cos he's a petty paranoid f##kt##d.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
As the 'banned' person in question, I can provide a bit of clarity.

Although I typically avoid Shoreline events due to the owner, the ticket auction had no bids, so I bid and won the ticket for £10. As I was intending to donate anyway, I upped my donation to £20 (and the only other person to bid on the ticket, Vimto, also donated £10 to the cause, top man). At the time I bid I had no idea I was banned from Shoreline events, as I've not bought a ticket directly from them since TCUK 2012 (I also played TCUK 2013, but only after picking up a ticket cheap 2nd hand).

The person who had donated the ticket contacted Shoreline and was told that I wasn't welcome at their events, which was news to me. The guy who donated was generous enough to offer a refund out of his own pocket (which would have meant Shoreline leaving him £20 down), but I was happy for the money to remain donated and said that the ticket could be given away to someone else, which it subsequently has been.

As to the 'why' am I banned, I don't know, but can only imagine that it is related to one of the three negative interactions that I have personally (disregarding what has happened to people I know) had with Tim Barnett, all of which were trivial and would have been forgotten about by any normal person.

1. After TCUK2012 at Sennybridge, I fed back that the netting separating the camping area from the playing zone was too low (paint was hitting tents). That earned me a ban from the (at that time) Shoreline group on Facebook.

2. Having changed to a company page rather than a group, they launched an event with a crusade/templar theme, with a poster showing someone in a St George's cross tabard flanked by firebrand-wielding figures. I jokingly posted that it looked like a BNP recruitment poster. That got me banned from the page.

3. Finally, within the PB Community group on Facebook Tim's wife posted a standard sponsored team soundbite along the lines of "Team x are telling everyone how awesome their new xxx gear was". I made a sarcastic comment along the lines of "Sponsored team in loving free kit shocker". His wife took offence and posted something along the lines that people like me were ruining paintball with our negative attitudes. I replied to say she was over-reacting to a joke. That got me blocked on Facebook.

That's the sum of my sins, a valid safety concern about an event and two sarcastic comments. All polite, well mannered and inoffensive to a normal person. Boom. Banned, but not actually informed that I was banned for a couple of years. Some people have very thin skins.

renie

Mar 2, 2008
@Gadget it's obviously a offence to be funny?
Having met you personally I know your not an offensive person and one of the nicer guys in paintball

Reactions: EELZ and foot

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Ahh that adds clarity...and hilarity. Seriously being banned for bringing up a legitimate safety concern...awesome.

Maybe Tim's wife thought you meant a different kind of shocker? :ROFLMAO:

SwollenBallz

Aug 12, 2015
Hold the front page - There's a knock on the door ...

When I saw Jay’s [Budhha3] comment re this thread reaching the100,000 mark, I thought it timely to summarise this whole thread in terms of its impact, and what might happen now.
I sat down last night and got to about 500 words before closing my laptop lid intending to continue today.

But then, at about 11.30 this morning, I was sitting in my front room and saw a WPC pass my front-room window .... twenty seconds later, there was a knock on the door and the WPC asked if I was ‘Peter Robinson’ ... I’ve had this happen a few times and so I was kinda curious to know what she wanted this time.

It turns out that the WPC came to my house to generously donate a ‘Prevention of Harassment’ letter ... note the word ‘letter’ and not ‘order’.

She seemed very nice and continued to explain why she was there.
I really couldn’t believe what she was saying but essentially, she was asking [not ordering] me to cease all so-called harassment of barnett by myself.
Now, I’m no solicitor but I’ll post the harassment letter up here for your comments - I think a few things stand out, for me at least.

And so, I’ll scan it in and post it up here and see if any of you guys spot the BS and errors involved.
One of the biggest mistakes he makes is, to believe one of his own lies and then use it as an example of harassment.
My my, barnett never fails to disappoint, he really does act before thinking and I've no doubt he won't even realise what he's done here.

One thing though, I think the reason behind this letter is to make me stop voicing my opinion .... that ain’t gonna happen I’m afraid because as far as I know, I’m at liberty to state my opinion and if in doing that, barnett wishes to take me to court then I’m quite prepared to do exactly that ... I'm afraid going to court will hurt him a lot more then myself - after all, what sort of alleged grown-man runs like a little girl to the police in an attempt to stop somebody talking about him???
I got a much better strategy for making me stop and that's, don't fuhkin do what he's been doing ... simple !!!
Awwww ...... what a man :/
I will return to comment after other people have read the letter and see if they identify the same mistakes ....

View attachment 45234
WOW! What an amzing 65+ page read that has taken me nigh on 4 days to get through!

I had no intention of signing up to the forum until I saw this post of yours, and for some reason this particular post tickled my spidey senses regarding the Police PIN.

In case you are unaware, all PIN isued by our glorious boys and irls in blue (or should that read as tac vest black with pepper sprays and batons?) are required to be fully investigated by said issuing Force prior to be issued as stated in this Freedom of Information request - https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/236473/response/585679/attach/html/3/Response 893 14.pdf.html

Question:
2) Before a Police Information Notice is served are the alleged allegations fully investigated;-
a) By gathering documented evidence of the alleged allegations.
b) By actually seeing the evidence relating to the alleged allegation
c) Or just by hearsay/alleged allegation from someone.

Answer:
All allegations of harassment are taken seriously and every case reported to the Police is thoroughly investigated

The fact that said PIN contains information that we all know to be false means that the Police have clearly not investigated said claims (with this alone opening up a whole can of worms concerning Police misconduct etc), as if they had then they would have found said claims to be valid. This means that all this information concerning this affair that is now stored on the Police's database (and believe me, there will be lots of it linked to your own personal information) is incorrect, and as per the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 must be updated to reflect it's true accuracy with all incorrect information being deleted.

Failure to do so could result in the Police Force (with the head man for that force's area being vicariously liable for his/her Forces actions) being subject to prosecution as per the offences under the Data Protection Act.

Lastly, signing for said PIN was a bad move, as no one, absolutely no one can make you sign for anything, ever. And now they have your signature......

Status
Not open for further replies.