Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Wickham

Jul 7, 2008
I bet most of the manufacturers are wise to him and will want cash up front!
So he'll be looking elsewhere for suppliers, maybe even at fields large or small. If you know anyone who he may turn to, then warn them. If he can find even 1 small field to act as go between he could be in business. Which to him means promise them a huge price per box with a 20% deposit, but never pay any of the remainder...

Reactions: RobbieG1966

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
One thing to remember here, and please correct me if I'm wrong, hasn't barnett got to give every paying player a free box of paint.
I don't know how many he's got but let's assume he's got 150, and so before even one box is sold, he has to find 150 boxes to give away.
I might be wrong but can someone please let us know on that point.
If true, he either goes back on his word and doesn't give away paint or he hands it out after sourcing the paint from somewhere.
Either way is expensive, one for his reputation or for his pocket.
Tricky decision eh ....

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
One thing to remember here, and please correct me if I'm wrong, hasn't barnett got to give every paying player a free box of paint.
I don't know how many he's got but let's assume he's got 150, and so before even one box is sold, he has to find 150 boxes to give away.
If true, he either goes back on his word and doesn't give away paint or he hands it out after sourcing the paint from somewhere.
Tricky decision eh ....

Pete if it's like any of his other games then he'll apparently have 600+ players on site :D

Mr P.Star 69

How do my balls taste
Feb 27, 2012
Spalding Lincolnshire
Tricky decision eh ....
He did a limited time offer for a free box of paint with every ticket.

Just seen Fatbobs post saying they're the official trader for Staargate.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Jim, he's got nowhere near that number and to clarify this he has already told some that 'Numbers are down' which is about as close as any of us will get to conceding the truth re numbers this year.
By the time his PR bullsh!t machine gets going the numbers claimed will bear little resemblance to the truth.
It will be very easy to find out afterwards how many actually attended if the event goes ahead.

As for sables being an 'official trader' ?
Oh my, such a lofty privilege sables now enjoys - wow, he's an OFFICIAL trader.
He could retire now on the strength of that, it's something he can now tell his grandkids.

Personally, I'd feel ashamed at having any association especially when it's such a public endorsement [damnation] of one's conspiratorial connection to one of our sport's seediest and corrupt characters.

Reactions: Mr P.Star 69

rewind

Shiny!
Aug 28, 2008
Kent
From reading between the lines, I would assume that fatbobs will assume the role of paint distributor and tb would pay him (or not) afterwards. Easiest way to do it if it was me. Especially if sables has already footed the bill for some/most of the valken paint from Gino...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
'So shines a good deed in this weary world' .... if anyone can guess where I've used that quote from, you deserve a medal .... You would be hard pressed to guess where without Googling it that's for sure but it's extremely apt considering the past few pages in this thread.

The 'good deed' came from a very unexpected corner, leastwise for me it was and I'm really pleased I was proved wrong in this particular matter.
There will be no paint sold by Jon Payne of Laysick to either barnett or sables.
And the reason he's chosen not to do it, well, that's the good deed in question.
It seems there is an upper limit to which some people will go in their quest for financial gain.

To supply paint to either party was deemed inappropriate by Jon and so he elected to say 'no' to barnett ...
Koudos to Jon Payne for at least exampling a limit to what some people will do for money.
I'm sure a couple of grand would have felt quite nice stuffing into his back-pocket but in this instance, it would have come at a hefty price, and that price was a slur on one's reputation in being seen to help barnett after what he's done to our sport/industry.
And so John decided to do the right thing in this instance and in effect, placed his financial interest in second place behind doing the good deed.
I'd never thought I'd say this but, I hope others can take a leaf out of John's book in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.