Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ouch !

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
Markie, let me explain something mate, not that long ago, the UK was the preemeinent nation in Europe, with teams like Preds, NWC, Shock etc, we basically ruled the roost this side of the Atlantic.

Those times are gone, and like everything else in this world we live in, there's a reason for our decline.
To get a handle on that decline we have to take a look at ourselves in a relative sense, that is, to compare ourselves with nations that were previously behind us in terms of development and look at what they are doing, as well as, looking at what we are doing.

In this way, we can work out the underlying dynamics of what's really going on.
It is true we have to sort our own house out, I have never advocated anything different but we need to have a handle on the scale and nature of the problem, and to get that handle, we have to effect a relative analysis ie look at other nations when compared to ours.
When countries such as Belgium, who ain't exactly recognized as a hotbed of paintball are buying more Reballs than us, it tells me at least, they are approaching the problem of training a little more seriously than us.
The use of Reballs is symptomatic of a mindset, it's not the be all and end all of training, I ahve never said it was, it's merely a tool, something teams use to help itself along.

Personally, I do not need any more data concerning the UK, I already know what our problem is and where the answers lay, I have posted both up here in the past.
But what I don't like seeing is, flag waving idealism that pitches UK ball in a place it just doesn't inhabit.

Nobody wants us to get out this rut more than me Markie, trust me on that, and if this situation shames us into being more conscientious, then so be it.
I don't care what ends up motivating us over here, as long as we at least start to want something better for ourselves.
We need to want it Mikey, and I mean really want it, not just talk about it, not just post on threads, I mean train, and train hard.
Reballs is a way you can achieve improvement that saves you money and pays dividends and if Magued calls me up and tells me, 'Hey Pete, we got a bunch of UK people all wanting to buy them', I would know immediately that perhaps we got some people wanting to change the way things are.

For all the protestations and posts that like to suggest otherwise, at the moment, I can't see anything significant.

I get you bro but do you think that once we were a great nation do you think that is still in stiled in us that's why we think that we are better than the rest of them to get to grips with this reball thing ?????

I do think that reball could help ii just took some comments the wrong way cause i have tried and tried to get some thing like that and its just falls foul because of the ridiculous rent prices for warehouses or mills.

We are looking at the option of getting some church hall to do it in but then comes the thing of trying to get them to do it the hall that is.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
how many football teams play full 90 minute games at training (not an ideal comparison, but sorta works for me).
It's a perfectly good comparison mate. Not a single sport out there has practice sessions in which players do nothing but play the game. So why should paintball?

A normal training session that lasts a few hours, for any sport, should more or less be broken down as follows:

Warming up: 20 minutes
Stretching: 10 minutes
Individuals (different drills): 45 minutes
Position versus position: 45 minutes
Scrimmage: 30 minutes

That'll fill up two and a half hours nicely. Add to that about an hour's worth of "theory", including gameplans, studying film and such and repeat that two or three times a week. Add to that two or three days a week in which individuals work on their stamina, and you are on your way.
More than this is fine, less is fine only if you play for sh!ts and giggles.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I get you bro but do you think that once we were a great nation do you think that is still in stiled in us that's why we think that we are better than the rest of them to get to grips with this reball thing ?????

I do think that reball could help ii just took some comments the wrong way cause i have tried and tried to get some thing like that and its just falls foul because of the ridiculous rent prices for warehouses or mills.

We are looking at the option of getting some church hall to do it in but then comes the thing of trying to get them to do it the hall that is.

Markie, have you tried the school hall thing as outlined above? Might be worth a shot.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
As if paintballers in this country actually train. They go and play games and call it training...

Reballs are the way forward. No doubt. Ive used them probably more than anyone in this country and my game went from good to great and it still had more to go. Just a pity UK ballers aren't serious about what they do.

Freddie Brockdorff

Olva the Berserker
Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hmmmm.,.. sometimes it almost seems like people are "scared" of reballs and it´s whole point and concept? Scared of trying new stuff?

Well - yeah okay maybe not literally scared - but some people really have trouble seeing all the advantages of this?

And as have been said SOOOO many times before - if people really want something, they CAN in fact make it happend! There is NO excuses! :)

DO IT!

Angus41

LORDS
Apr 23, 2006
D7s
www.myspace.com
Arrg, this talk is getting me hungry for ball:p .

Maybe by early next year, if i have enough money despite saving emensely for Toulouse, then ill be going into this sort of thing with a friend for sure.

Angus.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
I don't think the core problem is that UK ballers as a group are too lazy. I think, as a group, they commit to the game what they are willing to as long as they continue to enjoy what they are doing.
The problem is the game is no longer a recreational hobby but a developing sport and as such it puts a new set of demands and requirements on anyone who wishes to compete seriously. And as Pete has made plain in the past the majority of UK tourney players are hobbyists. One reasonable goal is to encourage the sporting nature of some percent of the current players but longer term the goal of the sportsmen has to be to build the base of players whose focus is paintball as sport.
One real problem that re-occurs in these seemingly endless threads on the general theme of UK malaise is the three-headed monster of finger pointing, despair and expecting somebody else to act. Which is easy to solve--stop bickering about who is or isn't doing this or that and get up off your backsides and simply go about your business. Focus on being the best players you can and others will join in -- and support those efforts and activities already out there that are beginning to do things the way you think they need to be done.
It's one thing to soberly discuss the situation and another altogether to revert to default pessimism mode. It's self defeating. Enough with the doom and gloom already.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
I don't think the core problem is that UK ballers as a group are too lazy. I think, as a group, they commit to the game what they are willing to as long as they continue to enjoy what they are doing.
The problem is the game is no longer a recreational hobby but a developing sport and as such it puts a new set of demands and requirements on anyone who wishes to compete seriously. And as Pete has made plain in the past the majority of UK tourney players are hobbyists. One reasonable goal is to encourage the sporting nature of some percent of the current players but longer term the goal of the sportsmen has to be to build the base of players whose focus is paintball as sport.
One real problem that re-occurs in these seemingly endless threads on the general theme of UK malaise is the three-headed monster of finger pointing, despair and expecting somebody else to act. Which is easy to solve--stop bickering about who is or isn't doing this or that and get up off your backsides and simply go about your business. Focus on being the best players you can and others will join in -- and support those efforts and activities already out there that are beginning to do things the way you think they need to be done.
It's one thing to soberly discuss the situation and another altogether to revert to default pessimism mode. It's self defeating. Enough with the doom and gloom already.
Thats a fair comment baca, however you miss possibly one thing. The majority of these paintballers who asked for a reball facility, who say they want to get better, who basically talk the talk, were exactly those one's who didn't support the reball centre saying, it was too far to travel, its too small or whatever excuse they could come up with.

I'd have no problem if most admitted they do it for fun, but for players to say they wish to get better and then dont bother trying leaves a rather sour taste in the mouth.

Raffles - they're legal.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
well isn't there laws in the UK that Reballs infringe on, but most poeple just kinda of "ignore"?

-james
Just like they seem to have ignored your post mate :confused:

A paintball gun/marker is catagorised in UK Law according to the fact that it fires a "fangible" projectile

As a reball is not "fangible" the legality will probably determined after an accident, which is normally the case in UK Law