Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ouch !

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Just like they seem to have ignored your post mate :confused:

A paintball gun/marker is catagorised in UK Law according to the fact that it fires a "fangible" projectile

As a reball is not "fangible" the legality will probably determined after an accident, which is normally the case in UK Law
grey areas = legal

Like you say, till an accident.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Thats a fair comment baca, however you miss possibly one thing. The majority of these paintballers who asked for a reball facility, who say they want to get better, who basically talk the talk, were exactly those one's who didn't support the reball centre saying, it was too far to travel, its too small or whatever excuse they could come up with.

I'd have no problem if most admitted they do it for run, but for players to say they wish to get better and then dont bother trying leaves a rather sour taste in the mouth.

Raffles - they're legal.
I understand completely, Mario, and I'm sure the failed Reball center isn't the first casualty and won't be the last in the transformation from hobby to sport. I was more addressing the individual's response than anything else or anything specific, like Reballs. It's just unfortunate that often the most enthusiastic take the early hits but despite that (which, granted is easy for me to say) there are I think a lot of positive examples of progress including Swarm's example and the kind of effort Syd is putting in among plenty of others.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
I understand completely, Mario, and I'm sure the failed Reball center isn't the first casualty and won't be the last in the transformation from hobby to sport. I was more addressing the individual's response than anything else or anything specific, like Reballs. It's just unfortunate that often the most enthusiastic take the early hits but despite that (which, granted is easy for me to say) there are I think a lot of positive examples of progress including Swarm's example and the kind of effort Syd is putting in among plenty of others.

you speaketh the truth my friend.

For me the cup is always half empty :)

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
Yeah we have looked in to school halls as well mate its the "GUN" they are a bit wary of.

i have been talking to solrun from flc and they are going to come and do some training with us some time with menace.

but i would love to do midweek training...just the drill part then we can get down to it on a sunday....

we as a team are going to make a announcement soon any way but with regards to that we are training just us for a weekend a month just training and then what ever else every other sunday.

Bu ti am going to see a few people this week to see what the score is with getting into a school hall.

TonyF

Swarm
Sep 22, 2002
Essex
www.swarmpaintball.co.uk
School halls

Steer away from "guns" and "shooting".Try these.....they work.
Say you plan on involving local youths, getting them off the streets and focusing on team building and social skills. State you represent local youth culture and plan on steering them in the right direction.
If schools and local authorities can be convinced that you are involved in helping the community and making their life easier, they will love it. Tell them what they want to hear and ask advice, they love it!
Give them dvd's - Sky sports coverage is good, as is the SP events. Remember you are selling them on the idea.
As I say, anyone who wants help or advice get in touch, I'll try my best to help.
Some guys who have used Reball with us have shown a marked improvement with just one 8 hour session, far more than they would in a month of "on field" training. Don't get the impression you can replace on field with Reball, that's not the reason to use it

Freddie Brockdorff

Olva the Berserker
Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
why is it ??????

get me on msn any way need to talk to you
Well it might just be one of the greatest reball arenas in europe - seriously - maybe not the biggest, but enough to do a 5-man (bigger than many other reball arenas!) - they have xl-turf and an x-ball field!

You got the travel expenses, sure, but it´s cheap cheap practise - and you can go on for hours!

There you have it! :)