Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ouch !

Nexus - Leigh

Dec 13, 2005
Visit site
Cool, thanks for confirming that, cheaper than I thought.

I also think that half the problem is that some people don't actually really want to get better. I'm not going to get too involved in this but I think another issue we have in the UK is that people are spending their money on crap they don't need rather than getting good.

Stuff like white goggle frames are being auctioned off for crazy amounts of cash, honestly - how much better are these going to make you ? and then these people come on here moaning they have to spend £50 on petrol to training or paint is too much, should us so called "UK ballers" not be buying reballs or even paint instead ?

Spend £100 on goggle frames = :rolleyes: .

or

£100 on approx 5,000 paintballs = 5,000 snap shots practiced = shooting the guy with the goggle frames 5,000 times, getting good, getting sponcered, get the white goggle frames for free:D

Obviously things being auctioned off for charity is a whole different issue which is cool of course.

out.

Leigh - Nexus

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Cool, thanks for confirming that, cheaper than I thought.

I also think that half the problem is that some people don't actually really want to get better. I'm not going to get too involved in this but I think another issue we have in the UK is that people are spending their money on crap they don't need rather than getting good.

Stuff like white goggle frames are being auctioned off for crazy amounts of cash, honestly - how much better are these going to make you ? and then these people come on here moaning they have to spend £50 on petrol to training or paint is too much, should us so called "UK ballers" not be buying reballs or even paint instead ?

Spend £100 on goggle frames = :rolleyes: .

or

£100 on approx 5,000 paintballs = 5,000 snap shots practiced = shooting the guy with the goggle frames 5,000 times, getting good, getting sponcered, get the white goggle frames for free:D

Obviously things being auctioned off for charity is a whole different issue which is cool of course.

out.

Leigh - Nexus
.....and how many times have we heard, 'Oh I can't go to that seminar / clinic / trainign day coz I got this hick tourney to play in nowheresville' ?

:rolleyes:

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Raff, you must be confused mate because I have never thought or suggested we were on any improvement curve.
The fact I used the word 'would' in that question means I am speculating not stating.
We are on a downward spiral or at the very least a 'bottoming out' and I can't see things changing until the core tourney player changes his mindset.
Phew! I was just about to book my "yellow van with the square wheels" then.

Maybe I should learn to read BEFORE I post ;).

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
As a result of this conversation, we will be building a couple of snapping lanes exclusively for shooting Reballs at UCZ Paintball Devon, home of Paintball Warehouse, the NSPL, the Proto KotH, Cynergy and the NSPL Academy. Air and Reballs will be provided and it will cost £5 for an hour's snap shooting practice.

We also plan to light the lanes so they can be used in the evenings and should have this ready early in the new year.

Hopefully, this will enable peeps in the area to continuely hone their snapping skills without the major cost of a box of paint each time. £5 a week could make a hell of a difference. :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
As a result of this conversation, we will be building a couple of snapping lanes exclusively for shooting Reballs at UCZ Paintball Devon, home of Paintball Warehouse, the NSPL, the Proto KotH, Cynergy and the NSPL Academy. Air and Reballs will be provided and it will cost £5 for an hour's snap shooting practice.

We also plan to light the lanes so they can be used in the evenings and should have this ready early in the new year.

Hopefully, this will enable peeps in the area to continuely hone their snapping skills without the major cost of a box of paint each time. £5 a week could make a hell of a difference. :)

As they say, 'every journey, even the longest ones, start with that first step' ...... let's see where it takes us...

TonyF

Swarm
Sep 22, 2002
Essex
www.swarmpaintball.co.uk
Maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel...

This thread has caused a stir. Several teams have now been in touch and asking advice on approaching halls in their area. If only two or three of these teams sort something out, it's a start!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
This thread has caused a stir. Several teams have now been in touch and asking advice on approaching halls in their area. If only two or three of these teams sort something out, it's a start!

So what you're saying is, Tony :- this wasn't a pointless exercise, it wasn't self-defeating and maybes, just maybes, something is getting thru ..... :)
Glad to hear it !