Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Our future

Discussion in 'Speak your Brains' started by Spikerz, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Spikerz Well-Known Member

Spikerz
    Message Count:
    So here's a pie in the sky view.

As someone who started playing in Cali in the woods 25 years ago...hanging out in Army/Navy stores.. to buy Tippman SL-68's and Nelson Orange 10 round tubes.

What's next? Where do we go?

We see an incredible turnout for the nations cup, Panama, Gabon, South Africa, USA, etc.

Where do we go? Olympics? TV?

What is our saviour?

I honestly believe it's out there. I think that one day televised tournaments are the norm.

But how do we, as stewards of the game, help ensure the success? Our legacy?

Care_Bears likes this.
  2. Spikerz Well-Known Member

Spikerz
    Message Count:
    Also I'm going to call out @Robbo and @Ainsley as they are closer to this than I am. A sport that has ebb'd and flowed and seen ESPN, and gone again...as people who's soul drives us forward...
    Also the fact that I and 1 other teammate knew who @Robbo was during the event at Basildon last year, and had to explain it to our younger teammates...damn you youngins..
    My suggestion...get the Americans...get everyone.

"When you need to win an event you call the on the Americans"...it's true. Look at the SPL and CPL teams in the Mills.

Why? Because I don't care what the F the field says, we will jam our barrels down your throats. We will always move forward. 9-8 is a better score than 2-1.

I was asked by Firm players "why do the US do better?" Because we charge down your throat and then pull the trigger...and laugh while we do it.

So...my friends in the UK!...Sup?

3. Hansel So Hot Right Now.

Hansel
    Message Count:
    Keep playing as much as you can, everywhere you can.

Try to set a good example.

Help new players out.

Don't go to Walk-On days just to shoot up new players. That's what c**ts do.

If you're playing a tournament, don't just sit there and shoot a lane.

maxxon and Spikerz like this.
  4. Robbo Owner of this website for my sins ....

Robbo
    Message Count:
    We're in real trouble if I'm closer to what's going on in paintball than most others - I'm off the front line now thankfully but we're up against the same old problems.
    I'm afraid, we will never make it mainstream and so we just have to suck it up and move on.
    It's hard to accept especially for the more recent members of our fraternity but that's just nativity rearing its head.
    I'm not really sure where we're heading because we're still bottoming out .... most people in our industry seem to be treading water and waiting to see what happens.
    I know this much ...... we need a new direction but the problem is we have no candidates coming forward with the necessary credentials/ideas to lead us out of this mire.
    It's gonna be down to people like [in no particular order] Gino, Richmond, Billy Ceranski, Dave Youngblood, Ledzy, Laurent Hamet etc.
    The reason I've selected those guys is because although they have vested interests in the evolution of our sport/industry, I genuinely believe that one of them can lead us out the rut we now find ourselves in.
    The reason I say this is because even though all of them are businessmen, and extremely successful business men at that, I believe they have the best interests of our sport/industry close to their heart.
    I would love to have stuck my name in amongst that lot but I've got no fuhking idea what to do to improve our position.
    We should cross our fingers and hope one of them has his Road to Damascus ...