Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Our own slot on P8ntballer Thanks Pete

John Sosta

Jun 14, 2010
I would like to say a massive thank you to Peter for giving F5 its own slot on P8ntballer.
Peter thanks your a diamond.

Some of you have been asking about dates and stuff i am currently working on something which will expose F5 to a bigger audience I will post up the date hopefully by the end of the week.
Now I am going to look at what you guys have been posting and knock up my post count.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Jesus H. tapdancing Christ...

We do something to help boost what is most definitely a very positive move in paintball and some people still feel the need to nag and bitch...
What? Feel like you were short changed? Feel like somebody else is being favored?
We're just trying to do what we feel is helpful for paintball. If we wanted you to tell us what series should have it's own section, we'd ask you. We didn't. For all the reasons already mentioned and more. Just be happy that there's even more dedicated space for tournament paintball.

Now fix me a sandwich!

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
By people coming out of the woods do you mean rec-ballers or punters because if so rec ballers I imagine will already know about tournament paintball and if they were ever going to try it, they just would. As for punters they are not going to travel all the way to the south coast just to try this format even if it was brilliantly marketed (which it isn't) so that's not really a valid argument, a better introduction into tournament paintball is 5-man, because that's essentially what paintball is, x-ball is just a highly advanced version of 5-man which is the current accepted and most played version of paintball, much closer than the distant cousin of 5-man that is formula 5's.
Once again I am not getting at what formula 5's have done because I have nothing against people going there and playing it for fun, but lets look at this realistically x-ball is here to stay for the foreseeable future and as for introducing people to the sport of paintball by way of formula 5's is almost false advertising because its nothing like what tournament paintball is.
At the end of the day we have a federation set up with sanctioned events, and this site is where most people will come to when thinking about paintballing as a hobby, and to have this on the main page but the NSPL and the CPPS as sub-forums, like Leach said people are going to think that formula 5's is the better thing to do in tournament paintball, leading them in the wrong direction, once again it just seems like a step backwards.
So the federation is a dictatorship, a bunch of people deciding what's best for us and our sport without consulting us, the players. Sounds fair. Do you still play Buddah? Do you pay attention to what's happening in UK paintball? Because you're giving the impression, quite flippantly, that you don't. I may be speaking in ignorance here, I cant admit to following you in the paintball world, if so forgive me, but for me as a player that pours thousands of pounds and hundreds of man hours into paintball, sacrificing many, many things in the process to be told that I do not get a say in what happens on our tournament scene or at least a voice but have these decisions made for me by people that have already stated a good method for improving the tournament scene by only sanctioning proper decent tournaments so we don't have too many tournaments with not enough players, and then go back on their word and somehow sanction another event on our main community site where every paintballer in the UK is a visitor. It sort of depresses me a little and makes me wonder if certain people are straying outside of the lines that the federation outlined or just doing a personal favour for a friend, either way it's wrong.

Edit: Anyway im not here to troll on someone's thread who obviously puts a lot of effort into something, I'm not here to say anything wrong about your series John I've seen the effort that goes into an event and you have my full respect for that, I was just trying to get some reason out of the forum admins decision which baffled me, I will stop spamming your board with off topic things. But I do think that it is something to think about.
F*cking right you will.

Twit.

Reactions: Donk

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Thread tidied. Would anyone else like a ban? Keep it civil folks and on topic. This is not a thread about WHY F5's has its own section, the answer to that is very simple.

Pete gave it to them.