Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Out of date bottles

scott cordery

Sep 29, 2013
Odiham, Hampshire
Hi there I have two steel bottles and an aluminum one that are out of date and need testing what's the best thing to do and how much will it cost to get them serviceable again?

BDswarveP

Jun 30, 2009
Yorkshire
All three bottles will be aluminium, your looking at around £25 each to be retested. you can usually buy new ones for around £30, so people tend not to bother retesting them.......

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Hi there I have two steel bottles and an aluminum one that are out of date and need testing what's the best thing to do and how much will it cost to get them serviceable again?
How do you know they're steel bottles, most bottles people call steelies are actually aluminium. And as for being out of test, the ukpsf currently states that aluminium bottles need testing every 10 years, though i must say this is contradicted by the re hydro test dates put on bottle labels by the manufacturers.

scott cordery

Sep 29, 2013
Odiham, Hampshire
Two of them are a standard 3000 psi 48 cu bottles and the other one is completely flat at the bottom bigger and a lot lighter. So would you say they wouldn't need testing

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Two of them are a standard 3000 psi 48 cu bottles and the other one is completely flat at the bottom bigger and a lot lighter. So would you say they wouldn't need testing
It depends on when they were made and whether they're steel (5 year test period) or aluminium. Aluminium bottles will have a bottle marking similar to "AA6061" which denotes the type of aluminium it's made from, also aluminium is non ferrous which means magnets won't stick to it
if you can't find the markings.

Reactions: Care_Bears